Why The Duke Loss Is Astounding To Me | The Boneyard

Why The Duke Loss Is Astounding To Me

Reaction Score
I know their success created this but I just went to check the recruiting of a Duke starting with 2014. Now granted they have one and dones to some degree every year but they are pulling around 4 five stars a year, Grayson Allen was a 4 star. Their next players after the 5's are usually 4's. Last year they had numbers 1,3,10,16 and 44 and that doesn't include ones that were carried over from previous year's. I mean if we can beg someone in the top 30 we are estatic lately but can anyone imagine if we had that kind of talent to work with? We are wishin' and hopin' for a big man. They shouldn't lose more than 3 games a year. Coach K is widely acknowledged to be the best yet they lose in the round of 32? There should be a handicapping system that if you have 7 five stars on your roster you should give the opposing team 10 points at the game start. I was aware that Kentucky and North Carolina had similar situations and some years better in top players but K should give back half his salary really.

Reaction Score
Its astounding to me that South Carolina shot 70%+ and scored 65 points in the second half. I don't know if I would have been able to handle that if it happened to UConn in the tournament.

Reaction Score
No team can withstand what SCarolina did in that second half, to be fair. None. They were absolutely out of their mind on fire. That kind of half happens once every few years against your common team. Or, Once a decade (or more) against a team of Dukes pedigree.

Everything SCarolina threw up there for a long stretch went in, nearly all the calls went for them (which was legit).

This was a baffling loss, yes, but Gmason over Uconn was more baffling. Lehigh over Duke was far more baffling. This, I kind of figured could happen, but as I said above, I never imagined it would happen THAT way, where scarolina dominated that second half (I think they were close to +20)

Uconn 2006 is still, in my mind one of the most talented teams never to make a final four, at least top 10.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Puke has done less with more the past 6 years
Kensucky ain't t far behind
These two should show a lot more than they have - they take the cream of the crop and Kansas gets a few
I'm talking Final Four/Nat'l Championships

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Cal is way better at the OAD game that K is.

Reaction Score
Arkansas and URI should have taken a page out of the the Gamecocks book. Those 2 started using the clock way too early and getting crappy shots off with time ticking down leading to their respective demises. Not Frank Martin's team they just keep breaking pressure and taking it to them scoring or being fouled. Big kudos for having the balls not to just hold on but instead keep attacking. Others should have done the same I'm guessing the results would have been different.

Reaction Score
What happened to Chase Jeter, Marquis Bolden and Sean Obi? I mean you want to talk about a staff that can't develop good players? They can't even get these kids and Vrankovich any playing time.

Another guy the Huskies were high on, Gabriel missed a couple shots yesterday for Squid and never saw the court again as he's firmly buried in Cal's tournament shortened bench.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Another guy the Huskies were high on, Gabriel missed a couple shots yesterday for Squid and never saw the court again as he's firmly buried in Cal's tournament shortened bench.

And man could we have used that kid. Would have gotten 30 minutes a night.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I know their success created this but I just went to check the recruiting of a Duke starting with 2014. Now granted they have one and dones to some degree every year but they are pulling around 4 five stars a year, Grayson Allen was a 4 star. Their next players after the 5's are usually 4's. Last year they had numbers 1,3,10,16 and 44 and that doesn't include ones that were carried over from previous year's. I mean if we can beg someone in the top 30 we are estatic lately but can anyone imagine if we had that kind of talent to work with? We are wishin' and hopin' for a big man. They shouldn't lose more than 3 games a year. Coach K is widely acknowledged to be the best yet they lose in the round of 32? There should be a handicapping system that if you have 7 five stars on your roster you should give the opposing team 10 points at the game start. I was aware that Kentucky and North Carolina had similar situations and some years better in top players but K should give back half his salary really.

We only have one McDonald's All-American on our team at USC and I think Duke has nine. Only two of our players were top 50 recruits out of high school. I think recruiting is about to improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom