Why Not Us? | The Boneyard

Why Not Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MIAMI -- Butch Davis kept the message simple when he met with his new FIU football team for the first time Tuesday.

He rattled off a list of schools that aren't in major conferences and still found a way to get into major bowls in recent years, the likes of Boise State, Northern Illinois, Central Florida and Houston.

"If they can get into Jan. 1 bowl games, why not us?" Davis said. "Why not us?"

SO I WILL ASK THE SAME QUESTION, IF ALL THESE SCHOOLS CAN DO IT, WHY NOT US?

Reaction Score
MIAMI -- Butch Davis kept the message simple when he met with his new FIU football team for the first time Tuesday.

He rattled off a list of schools that aren't in major conferences and still found a way to get into major bowls in recent years, the likes of Boise State, Northern Illinois, Central Florida and Houston.

"If they can get into Jan. 1 bowl games, why not us?" Davis said. "Why not us?"

SO I WILL ASK THE SAME QUESTION, IF ALL THESE SCHOOLS CAN DO IT, WHY NOT US?
Because under Diaco we win breakfast others win games.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Because you need a head coach that isn't BSC and knows how to coach offense and defense. Oh, and it would also help if he didn't become panic stricken every time he's required to make a late half or late game play calling or clock management decision. Bobby BSC can't handle any of the above.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Maybe because we're facing a stout defense and have scored nineteen points in the past three weeks combined, gaining the lowest yardage total in our FBS history last week?

Reaction Score
Maybe we can adopt that motto in 2017... I'm all for it... new beginnings come the new year..

Reaction Score
Because things don't just happen when you ask questions like "Why not us??", actions are needed to back visions and so far UCONN doesn't seem willing to compete nationally based on what I've seen in recruiting and on the field. (Don't reply to this post with, recruiting class rankings don't matter because I challenge you to pull up a Jan. 1 bowl from the last 6 years that didn't have at least a top 50 class)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom