Why No Assists for Paige? | The Boneyard

Why No Assists for Paige?

Reaction Score
I'm rewatching the game and at around the 2:25 mark of the first quarter Paige gets a rebound, heads up court and fires a long pass to Evina, who takes one dribble then pulls up and buries a 3. Why is that not an assist?

Reaction Score
I'm rewatching the game and at around the 2:25 mark of the first quarter Paige gets a rebound, heads up court and fires a long pass to Evina, who takes one dribble then pulls up and buries a 3. Why is that not an assist?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The dribble makes it a bit iffy. The official scorer has to determine if the preceding pass “directly lead to the basket.” If I remember the play correctly, Evina may have hesitated for a second, given her defender a head fake and then put the ball on the floor for one dribble followed by a shot and score. I would have given Paige the assist, but nobody asked me to keep score.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom