Why no 10x champions pennants at the parade today? | The Boneyard

Why no 10x champions pennants at the parade today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I took my son to Hartford today for the parade.
We arrived and I spoke with a shopping cart vendor at the start and he said that they got stuck with "dozens" of 2x ones from last year.
That combined with the low expected turnout and no one supplied any pennants.
Mentioned that there might be something by the Civic Center (will always be til they bulldoze it) rallying point so we headed there.
The official booth had nothing and confirmed no pennants made.
We went back to the start and watched the parade having a good short time in Hartford.

Selfishly I wanted one for my UConn x4 mens and Red Sox x3 championship basement staircase shrine.
So I guess I'll look online or at Bob's for one in the future.

Would have been a great $5 souvenir.

Plenty of illegal t-shirts from shady people to buy though.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Many more illegal tee shirts today than I've seen at past parades, and I've been to every one except for 1995 (nursing a sick parent).
One of the illegal shirt guys last year had shirts with a low quality print on the front and pictures of the starting five players on the back with the names mixed up under the players pictures. We thought that was pretty funny, so we bought one each. Unfortunately, we can't wear them anywhere -- the pixilated front and name mistakes on the back make them embarrassing. That's what happens when you don't think things through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom