Why key for UConn men’s basketball team is Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins reaching their potential (Hearst) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why key for UConn men’s basketball team is Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins reaching their potential (Hearst)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Why? Becuase there is no one else, duh.

Reaction Score
Post in thread 'URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin'
URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin

Many here didn’t want Martin

@CL82
So much fun to go back and read the posts from all these “experts”. CTBasketball and JimHurley thought this was a horrendous decision. “Low basketball IQ” and “not a team a team player” are just some of the idiotic things said about Martin. Guy did a ton for this program so glad he proved all those guys wrong

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
They really aren't though. Out of the 10 "best" transfers right from the start, like 2 of them have committed so far, and one of those was Newton. Do you want Hurley to go out there and get a guy like Locke - who is a severely limited player - just so we would have bodies? No. Roster construction is an art form, it takes time. Panicking leads to desperation which leads to getting flawed players who don't fit
Panicking leads to filling a spot with whatever's available. It leads to Kwintin Williams.

Reaction Score
So much fun to go back and read the posts from all these “experts”. CTBasketball and JimHurley thought this was a horrendous decision. “Low basketball IQ” and “not a team a team player” are just some of the idiotic things said about Martin. Guy did a ton for this program so glad he proved all those guys wrong
10 pages of JimHurley telling us we need to take Nolley over Martin.

Two years later: Martin > Nolley

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Then you have memory loss. Many thought we could do “better”.
Different from "disappointed."

I thought there was no urgency to have him cleared to play, and figured that he'd sit out a year, and in retrospect I was quite wrong. But I wasn't at all disappointed, and I do not remember that being as much the sentiment as you post suggested in such a strong-toned yes or no fashion.

Reaction Score
Different from "disappointed."

I thought there was no urgency to have him cleared to play, and figured that he'd sit out a year, and in retrospect I was quite wrong. But I wasn't at all disappointed, and I do not remember that being as much the sentiment as you post suggested in such a strong-toned yes or no fashion.
Just click the link he posted and read through the thread. There was some real strong no's from posters as soon as they saw his name

Reaction Score
My favorite post from that Martin thread came from RipCity:

1650294370337.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just click the link he posted and read through the thread. There was some real strong no's from posters as soon as they saw his name
Not people I tend to respect or highly value, and in rereading the thread, I also reacquainted myself with his offer list and final 5, which made clear that he was identified as high major talent.

Relatedly, Ant was all in, very early for Landers Nolley from VaTech. His past two years at Memphis were not bad, but Martin's scoring, shooting, rebounding all trended upward and were better than Nolley.

I'm OK taking my loss on thinking we didn't need him in the immediate year and would be fine if he sat a year. That's reflective of me being slower to react to the changing landscape post-COVID, and assuming that the NCAA wouldn't grant a waiver.

Reaction Score
They really aren't though. Out of the 10 "best" transfers right from the start, like 2 of them have committed so far, and one of those was Newton. Do you want Hurley to go out there and get a guy like Locke - who is a severely limited player - just so we would have bodies? No. Roster construction is an art form, it takes time. Panicking leads to desperation which leads to getting flawed players who don't fit
Aren’t there still like 1300 guys still in? I think as more commit, it’ll be a domino reaction in the next month or two.

Reaction Score
Who would want to give a ragsheet like the NH Register even $0.99?
Advertisers.

Those posting obituaries for family members.

Those who want to read interesting stories of local families opening a restaurant or closing a 100 year old business known in the community, or any similar human interest story.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Redge, like a lot of local newspapers can be read for free at www.nhregister.com. But, to get the aforementioned perks, they label stories as Premium and charge a yearly fee of like $200 to read those stories.

I suppose if you supplement the free material from nhregister.com with www.wtnh.com, you would get pretty good comprehensive coverage of local and regional news.

Bizarrely, nydailynew.com has a limit of free articles, whereas nypost.com has unlimited reading. Not much difference in the quality of those two, IMO. Both cover NY crime and the NY sports teams, smattering in national and international news.

USA Today online, has a lot of Subscribers Only, above stories. And, they keep reducing the free online content.

Reaction Score
Advertisers.

Those posting obituaries for family members.

Those who want to read interesting stories of local families opening a restaurant or closing a 100 year old business known in the community, or any similar human interest story.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Redge, like a lot of local newspapers can be read for free at www.nhregister.com. But, to get the aforementioned perks, they label stories as Premium and charge a yearly fee of like $200 to read those stories.

I suppose if you supplement the free material from nhregister.com with www.wtnh.com, you would get pretty good comprehensive coverage of local and regional news.

Bizarrely, nydailynew.com has a limit of free articles, whereas nypost.com has unlimited reading. Not much difference in the quality of those two, IMO. Both cover NY crime and the NY sports teams, smattering in national and international news.

USA Today online, has a lot of Subscribers Only, above stories. And, they keep reducing the free online content.
Good points all. I live in Phoenix, so hence no interest in NH area news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom