Why is UConn always "guilty until proven innocent?" | The Boneyard

Why is UConn always "guilty until proven innocent?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what bugs me. Duke has an agent pay a player for an entire year. Talk about not promoting a atmosphere of compliance. But nothing happens to Duke.

Caron, Charlie V., Boatright, etc have to pay a penalty until UConn is proven innocent.

And WTF ids not promoting an atmosphere of compliance? Just another way of saying that we got nothing on you, so we're pretending we can read your minds and find you guilty. Pay this penalty because you didn't prove yourself innocent.

If the info on Boatright is correct, someone is charging him with cheating. Shouldn't the burden of proof be on the accuser or the NCAA before the kid is punished? Nah, guilty until he can prove himself innocent.

Reaction Score
That's what bugs me. Duke has an agent pay a player for an entire year. Talk about not promoting a atmosphere of compliance. But nothing happens to Duke.

Caron, Charlie V., Boatright, etc have to pay a penalty until UConn is proven innocent.

And WTF ids not promoting an atmosphere of compliance? Just another way of saying that we got nothing on you, so we're pretending we can read your minds and find you guilty. Pay this penalty because you didn't prove yourself innocent.

If the info on Boatright is correct, someone is charging him with cheating. Shouldn't the burden of proof be on the accuser or the NCAA before the kid is punished? Nah, guilty until he can prove himself innocent.
It bugs me as well. There seems a double standard in place when it comes to UCONN - not that we have not had our legit issues but it seems we are the first choice of the NCAA when they want to crawl up someone bumm.

Reaction Score
It's called "making an example". The NCAA wants to show it's tough when it comes to this type of issue. It's the same way with APR. They know UConn isn't a terribly beloved program (much like UNLV wasn't back in the day) so they're not likely to catch a lot of flak.

Reaction Score
I think in this most recent case, it is also a matter of UConn being very cautious. Auburn chose to play Cam Newton despite the accusations against him.

Reaction Score
I think in this most recent case, it is also a matter of UConn being very cautious. Auburn chose to play Cam Newton despite the accusations against him.

Auburn had no choice,,,, They were going nowhere without Cam,, Uconn not in same situation.

Reaction Score
It is kind of foolish to ask this question. We have blinders, but others look at us very poorly.. That last 10 years has had a handful of small issues(laptops, drugs, grades, etc) and the nate miles crap. Our track record is not great

Reaction Score
Can somebody please explain to me how Cam Newton was allowed to play when his father was accused of selling off his son to the highest bidder, but Boatright isn't allowed to play when he was accused of taking a f'in plain ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom