Why is there so little expansion talk? | The Boneyard

Why is there so little expansion talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I keep checking in to see if there is any news flying around about conference realignment etc. and there is nothing. I am surprised there isn't more speculation going on all over the web. Is anybody hearing any new rumors or information?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its like the hurricance. alot of talk, then now we know it coming(Tam moving), so the calm before the storm. its going to hit very soon and its gona get wild. hope we land in the big4...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
oh and latest rumor has ND/BC/BYU to the B12-2

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I keep checking in to see if there is any news flying around about conference realignment etc. and there is nothing. I am surprised there isn't more speculation going on all over the web. Is anybody hearing any new rumors or information?

I think it also feels like a pretty standard if/then flowchart at this point. If the Pac 12 or SEC force super conferences to happen, the Big 12 is broken up by the Pac 12, Big 10 and SEC; the ACC loses a few teams to the SEC; and the Big East football schools and remaining ACC schools merge. If they don't, the Big East gets a phat TV deal in a year and maybe adds a team for football. Either way UConn is fine, and there is not much analysis necessary.

Texas A&M is the worst drama queen program in expansion history. Even message boards are tired of their BS.

Reaction Score
You mean other than the fact that we had an earthquake and a hurricane last week and the season opens this week?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Call me when something big happens. I've spent enough time thinking of options A-AAAZZZZ.

Reaction Score
I just farted - temporary expansion, then nnnnng - enough about expansion, time for a kickoff!
I think super-conferences are inevitable. They make a playoff easier to accomplish. Anyone have any air refreshener??

Reaction Score
You mean other than the fact that we had an earthquake and a hurricane last week and the season opens this week?

You mean the devastating earthquake, the hurricane so serious that you can't post to a message board...oh wait, or the game that is cancelled and happens to be against Fordham? Sure, no time for talking about the biggest story in major college sports right now.

p.s. No, I am not insensitive about the hurricane, I live in Florida and get how serious a hurricane is, but if you can post, you can post.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: this was apparently the final straw for aTm.

I honestly can't say I blame them...

Reaction Score
EcoKat led to the demise of the Big XII.... Good going, KSU!

(Seriously, they needed that to raise environmental awareness?!)

Reaction Score
You mean the devastating earthquake, the hurricane so serious that you can't post to a message board...oh wait, or the game that is cancelled and happens to be against Fordham? Sure, no time for talking about the biggest story in major college sports right now.

p.s. No, I am not insensitive about the hurricane, I live in Florida and get how serious a hurricane is, but if you can post, you can post.

Dude -- you asked why people weren't talking about and I told you. You didn't ask whether they could talk about it if they wanted to. Sheesh.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sure, no time for talking about the biggest story in major college sports right now.

I take issue with that assertion. If it was truly "the biggest story in major college sports" our new AD would have at least made passing mention of it.

Reaction Score
I think people are getting tired of the rumors involving expansion, especially when 99% of said rumors turn out to be complete BS. I will begin to talk about expansion when a school president is in front of a podium. I'm offically expansioned out. I'm more focused on this thing called the season coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom