Why is the Pac 12 so Dominant? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why is the Pac 12 so Dominant?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We were 1-0 against thst conference
Widespread dissing of UConn's "only notable win" over a "mediocre" USC was bulletin board material in every PAC-12 locker room.

After Mick said, "I'm getting to the Sweet 16 if it takes me three games" the night before, Colorado served notice by dismantling Georgetown.

I do think it would be funny if Syracuse ends up the only ACC team playing next weekend.

Can the Trojans take out Kansas in tonight's closer?
Stay tuned.. .

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
tough to earn your respect. was the big10 just unlucky with their matchups too? i also think the PAC is sixth best but you said they straight up s-u-c-k. it's not like theyre the aac.

That was hyperbole, you know it. None of the top six conferences actually suck. I thought Oregon was dangerous, and USC. Still didn’t expect that win over Iowa. UCLA and Oregon State? No, didn’t expect them to still be playing. Colorado and USC have big games coming up.

Reaction Score
Run it over again and they could go 0-7. It’s all matchups. Always is. It has generally been the 6th best conference in Kenpom and other measures for many years now. Nothing about this year changes that unless they do it again next year and the year after that.
50% matchups, 50% timing, 50% luck. That's what makes it so entertaining.

Let's remember. All the B1G programs are AAU so their athletes are busy studying just a little bit harder. It's tough.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This year is totally different than every other year, way less out of conference games to gauge how good teams actually are. Big 10 beat nobody out of conference.

I know. I said they were overrated all along. I think we all felt that. The seeding is a crapshoot as a result. We all talked about SDSU being terrible vs Cuse, but how do you know? 23-5, beat UCLA handily and played some decent teams in the league. Loyola Illinois was certainly not terrible.

Have we ever had so many double digit seeds in the sweet 16? It’s about to be 4, plus a 7 and an 8.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
The media bias is real. Better conference than the Big 10 for sure. They were just never talked about. More Pac 12 teams should have made the tournament
Big ten about to have no one in the elite 8. Selection Committee should all be fired.

Reaction Score
Colorado 1/6 from 3 to start this game. Georgetown probably is winning if they shot like this instead of 11/17 at the half.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Because McLovin said Cronin will only win 2 games and not get out of the 1st weekend
Strike 3
But I still love you McLovin - just busting some onions

Reaction Score
50% matchups, 50% timing, 50% luck. That's what makes it so entertaining.

Let's remember. All the B1G programs are AAU so their athletes are busy studying just a little bit harder. It's tough.
Good one Yogi

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Elite Eight? They’re gonna go 0 for the Sweet Sixteen
I remember the OBE doing those kind of performances time to time
The spend the whole season beating the crap out of each other that they run out of gas and/or they can't adjust to the non physical play of other teams

Reaction Score
I remember the OBE doing those kind of performances time to time
The spend the whole season beating the crap out of each other that they run out of gas and/or they can't adjust to the non physical play of other teams
The Big East never crapped the bed as hard as the Big Ten is in this tournament. The way the media propped these guys up, you would have though it could be an all Big Ten final four.

How many teams did they have in the top 15? The propaganda was on another level this year.

Reaction Score
The media bias is real. Better conference than the Big 10 for sure. They were just never talked about. More Pac 12 teams should have made the tournament
“Conference of Champions” says Bill Walton... every game he rambles on. And I like Bill.

Reaction Score
Not only were they horribly underseeded, but also a bad job by the Committee having USC and Oregon matching up in Sweet 16 when there were only three other PAC teams in the tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom