Why is no one at the AAC Men's B-ball tourney? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why is no one at the AAC Men's B-ball tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A temple fan came up to me and said the xl center is a dump. I couldn't disagree.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Im not talking about the tournament im talking about being in this league PERIOD! For 25 years i enjoyed games against schools like Georgetown,Syracuse,ST. Johns,Pitt,Villanova,Louisville etc. Now we have games against Ucf,Usf,Tulsa,SMU and so on. Just depressing.
You depressed tonight? I'm not. Winning cures everything.

Reaction Score
Im not talking about the tournament im talking about being in this league PERIOD! For 25 years i enjoyed games against schools like Georgetown,Syracuse,ST. Johns,Pitt,Villanova,Louisville etc. Now we have games against Ucf,Usf,Tulsa,SMU and so on. Just depressing.
What... When did that happen?

Reaction Score
A temple fan came up to me and said the xl center is a dump. I couldn't disagree.

Did he take a shower in the men's room from the groaning and gushing urinal plumbing? No trip to the XL is complete without that memory.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The AAC hierarchy must be praying that UCONN makes the final. A final without UCONN is going to look horrible on national tv. Pretty much the way the SMU - Temple semi looks now. I've seen practices with more bodies in the seats than that. Maybe they can do a free beer giveaway?.......

Reaction Score
The crowd isn't awful for this game.

ForumRunner_20150314_163553.png

Reaction Score
Thanks for the explanation. I now don't have to waste any time trying to figure out why things are looking a little brighter in this dump of a venue.

Good news is the guy with the West Virginia shirt is here. It's almost like old times.

Speaking of the venue. I really like what they did in the corners with the faux wood flooring. It's cool to see the flooring was put in prior to the doors being removed. So there are all sorts of weird angles.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The crowd isn't awful for this game.

View attachment 8767
I should have clarified by saying when it started. There were maybe 20 people on the sidelines. Of course it gets more filled as UCONN fans make there way in in lead-up to our game. Those there at the beginning of SMU - Temple are either fans of those schools, family of the players or coaches, or masochists....or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom