Why Is Dayton On Our Out Of Conference Schedule? | The Boneyard

Why Is Dayton On Our Out Of Conference Schedule?

Reaction Score
I've been looking at our OOC schedule and I believe I have a pretty good understanding as to why Geno wants to, or is willing to, play each one ...except for Dayton. What am I missing? Is there a tourny in Ohio that we are participating in? Anybody have an idea as to how Dayton made the cut?
Please, do tell. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been looking at our OOC schedule and I believe I have a pretty good understanding as to why Geno wants to, or is willing to, play each one ...except for Dayton. What am I missing? Is there a tourny in Ohio that we are participating in? Anybody have an idea as to how Dayton made the cut?

How close is Dayton to where Kyla is from? Maybe as close as he can get to a home game??

Reaction Score
How close is Dayton to where Kyla is from? Maybe as close as he can get to a home game??
Penn State I believe is in her back yard. There are a lot of schools between central PA and Dayton, Oh. But, maybe. Also, she's a junior I believe. Crystal is our only senior, right?

Reaction Score
Penn State I believe is in her back yard. There are a lot of schools between central PA and Dayton, Oh. But, maybe. Also, she's a junior I believe. Crystal is our only senior, right?

I’m just guessing but her and Molly are seniors as well.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
OMG! Java what happened to you? We have 5 Seniors in Molly, Kyla, Crystal Dangerfield, Batouly and Evelyn. PSU and Dayton are not close, 409 miles away. My guess is because Dayton used to be the best of the A10 but that’s coach resigned 3 years ago.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No, she’s a senior. There are 5 seniors on this year’s roster: Dangerfield, Camara, Irwin, Bent and Adebayo.

Reaction Score

Dayton is definitely not a homecoming game for her. Temple, which is only half as far as Dayton from State College, is likely as close as she will get.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I know this may sound weird, but when I read the topic of your thread, the one word that leaped out me was “our”. Our denotes ownership, and that you’re part of the family. I love it. :)

Reaction Score
OMG! Java what happened to you? We have 5 Seniors in Molly, Kyla, Crystal Dangerfield, Batouly and Evelyn. PSU and Dayton are not close, 409 miles away. My guess is because Dayton used to be the best of the A10 but that’s coach resigned 3 years ago.

Dayton gave UConn everything they had back in 2015 when they led UConn 44-43 at the half in the E-8. After the game Geno was effusive in his praise of the program and the coach. I'll guess this game was committed to before he resigned.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He probably just decided to take a flyer on Dayton.

I bet Geno can't get enough of the Wright Brother's Museum

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Probably for the same reason Seton Hall was on the schedule last year: it getting harder and harder for UCONN to find teams that are willing to step up and take a beating. Duke opted out, Tara opted out, Kim opted out until she had a good enough team.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Maybe it's because Geno hasn't secured a commitment from another BIG and therefore we are DOOMED and thus we need a couple of weak teams here and there beyond conference opponents in order to boost our winning percentage and tournament resume. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Maybe it's because Geno hasn't secured a commitment from another BIG and therefore we are DOOMED and thus we need a couple of weak teams here and there beyond conference opponents in order to boost our winning percentage and tournament resume. :rolleyes:

After all Geno likes his Cannoli's as much as Vic likes his cupcakes. ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
He probably just decided to take a flyer on Dayton.
Let’s see how many get it
I visited the Air Force Museum in 88, there is only one other museum that I've ever been to that had more info and displays on flying. Can anyone come up with which one I'm thinking of?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I visited the Air Force Museum in 88, there is only one other museum that I've ever been to that had more info and displays on flying. Can anyone come up with which one I'm thinking of?

I've been there! My brother was stationed at Wright-Patterson twice during his Air Force career. Stayed in Beavercreek after his last stint there.

Reaction Score

I believe these games were agreed to 5 or so years ago when the Jim Jabir coached Dayton Flyers were a program on the rise. They even met UConn in the 2014-15 Elite 8.

Reaction Score
I believe these games were agreed to 5 or so years ago when the Jim Jabir coached Dayton Flyers were a program on the rise. They even met UConn in the 2014-15 Elite 8.
I doubt games are scheduled that far out. Football does that, but BB seems to operate mostly on a 1-2 yr ahead sked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom