Why hasn't Benedict been tweeting? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why hasn't Benedict been tweeting?

Reaction Score
Its actually bush league that AD hopefully soon to be ex-AD Bennett did not show for the student scholar recognition at half time yesterday. I was there to cheer on one of the UCONN students that I m writing a letter of recommendation for. Uyi Osunde the principle from Windsor High school and ex UCONN football player was there to cheer his former students at UCONN. Mike Melio was there given high-fives, Susan was there. What is Bennett afraid of?

It’s awfully presumptuous to assume he didn’t have somewhere more important to be. I’ve missed important things for work to see my kids do something at school or play a sport. I’ve also missed important things in my personal life because work was critical that day. Why would you assume he was slacking? More likely he was dealing with the NCAA stuff, sick or had another important function to attend.

Reaction Score
It’s awfully presumptuous to assume he didn’t have somewhere more important to be. I’ve missed important things for work to see my kids do something at school or play a sport. I’ve also missed important things in my personal life because work was critical that day. Why would you assume he was slacking? More likely he was dealing with the NCAA stuff, sick or had another important function to attend.
In his defense, there was about 20 football players that got GPA 3 or above. HCRE should also have been there to cheer on his guys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Its actually bush league that AD hopefully soon to be ex-AD Bennett did not show for the student scholar recognition at half time yesterday. I was there to cheer on one of the UCONN students that I m writing a letter of recommendation for. Uyi Osunde the principle from Windsor High school and ex UCONN football player was there to cheer his former students at UCONN. Mike Melio was there given high-fives, Susan was there. What is Bennett afraid of?

Your credibility would be bolstered if you actually knew the guy’s name, Mr. Insider.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Trump is an example of how it has been used for negative impact...and it is not even so much twitter, persay, but many other social media platforms, which, when you start to do the research, you realize what an impact it can have around the globe. For better or worse. We are reaching a time in this planets history where you either embrace it or, well, kinda go the way of the dino.

The everyday witch hunt is one of twitter's biggest issues. As we know, guilty until proven innocent (and then left forgotten in a ruined state). The signal to noise ratio on that platform is astronomical.

Twitter appears to tear people apart rather than bring them together.

Things like the Arab Spring or in war time situations etc, is where it shines. That, and as a personal news feed.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Anyway, who cares if DB tweets or not. Just fix the basketball program, grow the football program, and do whatever you have to to set us up to have our best chance at realignment.

Reaction Score
Tell me who Bennett is again?

Reaction Score
In his defense, there was about 20 football players that got GPA 3 or above. HCRE should also have been there to cheer on his guys.
There was a lot of twitter activity showing him out on the recruiting trail this week. I can’t fault him there.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
because twitter is stupid
+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Not if used properly. It can (and has been) used for positive change in other aspects of life (and sadly, sometimes not so positive change). Embrace social media folks, it can be quite powerful (and in a good way if used in an intelligent fashion)!

Your last statement is the most important - unfortunately it tends to be used quite mindlessly and impulsively much of the time.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Your last statement is the most important - unfortunately it tends to be used quite mindlessly and impulsively much of the time.

And vindictively. Mostly vindictively.

Reaction Score
This reads like a post after happy hour

Reaction Score
Tell me who Bennett is again?
Here they are:
ledejpg.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lmao. Thinking the same thing.

Please stand and cheer for the 20% of our roster that managed straight Bs over 12 credits of rigorous coursework this fall.

With curated schedules and millions of dollars in additional academic support.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Talk about trophies for everyone. A ceremony for getting a 3.0? Yikes.

I get your general point.

But being a college athlete, at basically any level is essentially a full time job (hours wise) stacked on top of class Work.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I get your general point.

But being a college athlete, at basically any level is essentially a full time job (hours wise) stacked on top of class Work.

Understood. But it’s a 3.0. Mostly in joke majors with sport friendly professors and all the academic support in the world.

In this era of grade inflation, celebrating a realtively low number of students getting a 3.0 is kind of sad. It certainly isn’t some huge event that the campus should stop for.

Reaction Score
Understood. But it’s a 3.0. Mostly in joke majors with sport friendly professors and all the academic support in the world.

In this era of grade inflation, celebrating a realtively low number of students getting a 3.0 is kind of sad. It certainly isn’t some huge event that the campus should stop for.
I am waiting for the 2.o Celebration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom