Why has Baylor receive so little ink? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why has Baylor receive so little ink?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
And that’s why I don’t have much interest in statistics.
Much better to ignore reality and the head in the sand. It does jibe with my personal view of reality so it does not exist. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The list is a bit confusing. It lists Scott Rueck as #15. It lists him with 22 years of service. 9 have been at OSU and the rest at George Fox U, either D2 or D3. Now it is worded to only include 4 year colleges, which GFU is, but to include all D2/D3 wins is a bit misleading. IMO
Ruecks record at OSU, prior to the 2018-19 season is 179-89 or about a .667 percentage. His record at GFU was 288-88. for about a .766 percentage.

I agree. If it is for DI then only DI games should be considered. However, we are not the NCAA who requires only 5 years of DI coaching to matter for currently active DI coaches. Interestingly to be considered for the winningest all-time DI coach list only 10 years of DI coaching is required. Which is how G.P. Gromacki has a higher winning percentage than Geno on the NCAA's official list.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Waco is a small town and no one from there gets much ink except Joe and Chip (Fixer Upper) or men's football. While Dallas only about 2 hours away, rare you see anything significant in Dallas press. With few writers focused on women's basketball, many news outlets focus on republishing locally written stories and there is little about Baylor women to reuse.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
In fairness, she isn't, cause she's no longer an "active" coach. (Burrrrrrrn.)

What has been happening between the team members, Warlick, and her staff is unknown to me. All I know is her winning percentage is really good. 13th best among active DI coaches is not shabby. The TENN fan base does not understand there was just one Pat Summitt. I suspect it won't be any different when Geno and Tara retire. When, if ever, has a legend been successfully replaced with another legend?

Reaction Score
Could it be the fire engine red pant suit with the canary yellow turtle neck underneath? This while looking for the cameras at all times in front of her team in white and green??? ;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Small fan base, small market team. It's all about the Benjamins. If you guys play Baylor, please beat them into oblivion. Not because Baylor beat my Gamecocks (you did, too), but because I really dislike their coach and school culture.
What is their school culture? I am not familiar with Baylor. Well a shred of a memory says there was an issue with Griner which may have had to do with her sexual predilection.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
What is their school culture? I am not familiar with Baylor. Well a shred of a memory says there was an issue with Griner which may have had to do with her sexual predilection.
That is part of it, but I was referring to the entire sports culture there, which involved sweeping serious crimes under the rug.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
That is part of it, but I was referring to the entire sports culture there, which involved sweeping serious crimes under the rug.
Ahh! Now I remember the sexual assault cases which Baylor was burying. They are supposedly Christian college as well. Seems like religion and sex go together. OK! I see why you disfavor them. Bugs me that I failed to remember this issue.

Reaction Score
What has been happening between the team members, Warlick, and her staff is unknown to me. All I know is her winning percentage is really good. 13th best among active DI coaches is not shabby. The TENN fan base does not understand there was just one Pat Summitt. I suspect it won't be any different when Geno and Tara retire. When, if ever, has a legend been successfully replaced with another legend?

If she really is/was the 13th best among active D1 coaches, why would they fire her? I would suspect her number of wins and winning percentage would/could have been higher if she really knew the X's and O's of coaching basketball. On the flip side, some of those wins she has, could have been won purely on the talent Holly has had up to this year.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If she really is/was the 13th best among active D1 coaches, why would they fire her? I would suspect her number of wins and winning percentage would/could have been higher if she really knew the X's and O's of coaching basketball. On the flip side, some of those wins she has, could have been won purely on the talent Holly has had up to this year.
How could a kid select Holly player development over Geno's? I guess it is because they are kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom