Why does the XL Center reek of bad cooking grease? | The Boneyard

Why does the XL Center reek of bad cooking grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've only been to the CCSU and Temple games at the XL this year, and both times the hallways and entire arena have been overwhelmed with the stench of bad frying grease. At the CCSU game I figured they must have had a freak incident like a spill or grease fire, but it still smelled exactly the same today. And it's everywhere--inescapable.

Anyone know what's up with it? When it started? Hope they fix it because it's pretty nasty and enough to make me nauseated just thinking about it again.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You have experienced the XL Center GoGreen Energy Initiative.

Reaction Score
Standing in line yesterday in front of the chicken and fries deep fryers I noticed they exhaust through vents directly over the cooks heads towards the customers. Is this actually a legal routing of the exhaust? I believe it should be routed outside. Anyone know what code is?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At people aren't whining about the crowd this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At people aren't whining about the crowd this year.
I've never whined about the crowds. I actually thought there was more of a crowd at the two XL games I've attended (CCSU and Temple) than I would have expected, and I thought the crowd was fine.

But I really can't believe more people aren't put off by the heavy grease smell. It smells exactly like what UConn Dad above has described, i.e., like fryolators with old grease are being vented directly into the concourse area.

Reaction Score
We just lost to Temple and have zero guard play without Boatright and that's what you're complaining about? Good grief!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We just lost to Temple and have zero guard play without Boatright and that's what you're complaining about? Good grief!
Well I was going to complain about Ollie but you kinda cornered the market on that one, asshat. Remember that? And the way you disappeared when you were proven to be flatly,100% wrong?

You know things must be really starting to take a turn for the worst when you show up here again.

Did you attend the game btw? Have you attended one yet?

Reaction Score
Well I was going to complain about Ollie but you kinda cornered the market on that one, asshat. Remember that? And the way you disappeared when you were proven to be flatly,100% wrong?

You know things must be really starting to take a turn for the worst when you show up here again.

Did you attend the game btw? Have you attended one yet?
Have been to both men and women's games at XL this year and I definitely agree with 8893. The place stinks of fried grease . Even though the upgrades are a big improvement, the smell needs to be addressed. It was especially bad at the women's game vs Notre dame this past Monday

Reaction Score
35 mil baby! Knock that hole to the ground and build something respectable.

Reaction Score
Have been to both men and women's games at XL this year and I definitely agree with 8893. The place stinks of fried grease . Even though the upgrades are a big improvement, the smell needs to be addressed. It was especially bad at the women's game vs Notre dame this past Monday
Duke?

Reaction Score
I've only been to the CCSU and Temple games at the XL this year, and both times the hallways and entire arena have been overwhelmed with the stench of bad frying grease. At the CCSU game I figured they must have had a freak incident like a spill or grease fire, but it still smelled exactly the same today. And it's everywhere--inescapable.

Anyone know what's up with it? When it started? Hope they fix it because it's pretty nasty and enough to make me nauseated just thinking about it again.
It's completely nauseating...and hard to get away from!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
thread makes me want some Fried chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom