Why does Diaco coach scared? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why does Diaco coach scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
NO! TOO MUCH IS NOT A THING HERE ON THE BY! lol but yes hopefully our O is not as anemic on sat as it was against maine

Seriously though, multiple people here thought that Noel Thomas was gone after the bowl game. Turns out he sticks around and gets almost double-digit receptions in his next game in uniform. I don't mean to draw a direct parallel, but I don't believe one game is going to force a mass exodus, not when there are 11 left in the season.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Seriously though, multiple people here thought that Noel Thomas was gone after the bowl game. Turns out he sticks around and gets almost double-digit receptions in his next game in uniform. I don't mean to draw a direct parallel, but I don't believe one game is going to force a mass exodus, not when there are 11 left in the season.

I must admit I didnt think he should leave but I for sure understood his frustration after st pete. also yes, we now live in a world of #HotTakes! where everyone overreacts

Reaction Score

I didn't mean tomorrow. Don't forget the offense didn't look all that much different last year...

Reaction Score
So your saying if we get into the B12 we'll develop a more consistent passing game, not to mention a more exciting offense?

I think so. We get some decent players talent wise under the AAC banner. That's only going to get better in the Big XII. It'll take a few years, but I think Diaco and company would be perfectly capable of competing in the Big XII given a few recruiting classes within the conference.

Maine was terrible offensively, but I think the problem is Diaco wasn't playing all of his cards. As if he wanted to hide some aspects of the offense. I was disappointed, but I want to see the next 3 games before I make and permanent judgement.

Reaction Score
We saw some incredible changes in game planning last season, if my memory serves me right. Several times, we were ready to throw in the towel on this offense only to come out with a good game plan and a diverse and effective offense. I suspect we'll see that again over the next 3-4 games and then we'll start to see an identity develop. I'm still banking on seeing lots of short passes to Newsome and the TEs along with Thomas making big plays on the regular. Even if the coaching staff has shortcomings, they'll see some of their errors on film and look to find their weapons. I just can't believe they are totally incompetent. They've brought us pretty far in two seasons, so they deserve a little patience.

I think the biggest issue I saw against Maine was the OL failing to provide BS with adequate time and BS failing to make quick enough reads with the time he had. If those two things were better, maybe we open up the playbook a little. My fear is, those aren't easy things to fix in a week. We've got to throw the ball to get the ground game opened up.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I appreciate this about Bob...he's consistent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom