Why does CBS use Tru and not CBSSportsNet? | The Boneyard

Why does CBS use Tru and not CBSSportsNet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's something I've never understood.

CBS has a sports cable channel - CBSSports (the former College Sports Net). It carries things like C-USA games, and other stuff, like some CBB analysis. It would seem like a channel that they would want to promote, and even try to build. The tournament would be a great opportunity to do so ... AND ... they would not have to stick games on TruTV, which no one can find and has no relation to sports.

I would like to believe there's a logical reason for this, but it escapes me.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

CBS has a sports cable channel - CBSSports (the former College Sports Net). It carries things like C-USA games, and other stuff, like some CBB analysis. It would seem like a channel that they would want to promote, and even try to build. The tournament would be a great opportunity to do so ... AND ... they would not have to stick games on TruTV, which no one can find and has no relation to sports.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's because TruTV reaches more households.

Reaction Score
CBSS is not part of many standard cable packages. With Comcast its part of a sports premium package.

Reaction Score
ESPN would put it on the channel that has less subscribers just to force the cable companies into carrying that channel. Remember when we were pissed that our games were on ESPN2; then ESPNU? Cheers for CBS for making the right choice.

Reaction Score
ESPN would put it on the channel that has less subscribers just to force the cable companies into carrying that channel. Remember when we were pissed that our games were on ESPN2; then ESPNU? Cheers for CBS for making the right choice.

I'm sure the NCAA wouldn't let them.

Reaction Score

Tru is a Turner network. It's probably not CBS's call in any way. Turner probably selects it because it has the widest carriage after TBS and TNT excluding Cartoon which is their big profit network. I'm also ignoring the news networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom