Why do You Visit the Boneyard? | The Boneyard

Why do You Visit the Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Here are my top 10 reasons, in no particular order, for visiting the Boneyard daily.

1. to get the inside scoop on Husky football and conference realignment
2. to take a breather from work
3. to experience an alternative reality (I used to do this in other ways)
4. to see how a social media venue like the Boneyard affects the way people treat each other vs. in-person
5. to be entertained
6. to contribute something interesting or entertaining to the discussion
7. to stay somewhat connected to my alma mater and what's happening in CT
8. to watch to ebb and flow of old and new contributors
9. to relax and/or zone out
10. to take my mind of other stuff at night so I can get to sleep (like right now)

Hmm, very interesting now that I look back at my list. 50% of the reasons I visit the Boneyard are either to induce a sedative effect or escape reality. ;)

Reaction Score
Here are my top 10 reasons, in no particular order, for visiting the Boneyard daily.

1. to get the inside scoop on Husky football and conference realignment
2. to take a breather from work
3. to experience an alternative reality (I used to do this in other ways)
4. to see how a social media venue like the Boneyard affects the way people treat each other vs. in-person
5. to be entertained
6. to contribute something interesting or entertaining to the discussion
7. to stay somewhat connected to my alma mater and what's happening in CT
8. to watch to ebb and flow of old and new contributors
9. to relax and/or zone out
10. to take my mind of other stuff at night so I can get to sleep (like right now)

Hmm, very interesting now that I look back at my list. 50% of the reasons I visit the Boneyard are either to induce a sedative effect or escape reality. ;)
I do it because of interest in my native local NYC area schools getting a fair shake in CR after finding a disturbing shift in bias by the media too the southern school's and conferences! I also as an RU fan found myself admiring UConn academic's and athletic's. I don't see why silly bickering by administraters should affect P5 membership for so obviously a peer school is necessary in the B1G view. I've found myself resenting the ACC so much more since u guys were passed by for lesser "candidates" for reason after reason! Malarkey I say.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I come here for the following reasons:

1) To see which automated advertisements my browser history generates on the right side of this page.
2) To hear profound ideas about our football team going independent so that we can once again play basketball against DePaul.
3) To get the latest news and deep thoughts from our friends at Rutgers, BC, Syracuse, Louisville, UVA, and Maryland. (Duke, Baylor, and Tennessee when I visit the Women's BBall board)
4) To learn about whether or not Jesus should be in the huddle and what style of helmet He should wear.
5) To consistently hear uplifting news about UConn's fate in the Conference Realignment board.
6) To award a "like" to any post that involves Conspiracy Kitty.
7) Last but not least, to let everyone else know that I bleed national flag blue, I love this school, and I predict that we are going undefeated this year.

Take that to the bank...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I come here for the following reasons:

1) To see which automated advertisements my browser history generates on the right side of this page.
2) To hear profound ideas about our football team going independent so that we can once again play basketball against DePaul.
3) To get the latest news and deep thoughts from our friends at Rutgers, BC, Syracuse, Louisville, UVA, and Maryland. (Duke, Baylor, and Tennessee when I visit the Women's BBall board)
4) To learn about whether or not Jesus should be in the huddle and what style of helmet He should wear.
5) To consistently hear uplifting news about UConn's fate in the Conference Realignment board.
6) To award a "like" to any post that involves Conspiracy Kitty.
7) Last but not least, to let everyone else know that I bleed national flag blue, I love this school, and I predict that we are going undefeated this year.

Take that to the bank...
Really?!! Really?!! I come here for the classic bickering amongst die hard fans,some of your battles have been epic! Lol

Reaction Score
Enjoy all the different perspectives and experiences, news and recruiting. We are all fans, first and foremost even when we disagree or the times we make each other wrong. There is a lot of very passionate, intelligent and humorous people on these boards and the Mods allow a lot of rope to everyone not found at other sites...

Reaction Score
1. Daily dose of sarcasm
2.up to the minute information on UConn's place in the athletic world
3.epicurean information on restaurants & menu entrees
4.entertainment forum
5.mingly with like minds who bleed National Flag Blue & want the best for my alma mater (no matter how far out in left field their thoughts are)

Reaction Score
I originally found this when ESPN completely got rid of the Big East/AAC blog on their page. Honestly that was the only thing that kept me going to ESPiN's page at all. I googled UConn Blogs and bam here it is. The news brought me here, the pure insanity and entertainment value kept me coming back.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I'm not allowed to masturbate at work.

Again.

Now THATS funny.

And that's what keeps me coming back.

Oh yeah, and the fact that I bleed blue and white, LOVE UConn football above all other things relating to sports (unless you consider sex a sport), love hoops too, and enjoy contributing the occasional quip. Makes me feel like I'm not so far from home.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
If any guy has ever picked up and scored with a chick off a sports homer board like this, then that guy should have his Man Card dipped in gold.

I thought you were gonna say "his manhood".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom