Why didn't UConn recruit Xavier's Desmond Claude? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why didn't UConn recruit Xavier's Desmond Claude?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No, they weren't actually. In fact you said this when he committed

View attachment 95600

0d738a21-13ee-4b59-9edf-73a2b89034d0_text.gif

Reaction Score
We talked about 50/40/90 shooters in another thread. Corey Floyd this year is shooting 36/15/64. Remember when people thought that Floyd, Diggins, and Akok leaving was a death-knell for Hurley as a coach?

At least Hurley has the self-awareness to acknowledge when he's made a mistake and re-stocked with better talent.
Update: Floyd is down to 33/14/62.

Reaction Score
No, they weren't actually. In fact you said this when he committed

View attachment 95600
Notice the date? Thats a full 7 months before he set foot on the court and im clearly asking if hes a one and done player and thats if im even talking about Sanogo which you didnt show that i am which i very wll could be. But if anyone thats familiar with my posts and this post i do not follow recruiting closely as i only get intreested in commitments before i start following them and asking other more knowledgeable people about the players. sanogo wasnt considered a scrub but i dont remember anyone before he started playing really well as a freshmen hype him to be anything like what he became. I was one of the first that immediately saw some potential because his footwork on day one was really good. Thanks for trying to play me. Nice try.

Reaction Score
Notice the date? Thats a full 7 months before he set foot on the court and im clearly asking if hes a one and done player and thats if im even talking about Sanogo which you didnt show that i am which i very wll could be. But if anyone thats familiar with my posts and this post i do not follow recruiting closely as i only get intreested in commitments before i start following them and asking other more knowledgeable people about the players. sanogo wasnt considered a scrub but i dont remember anyone before he started playing really well as a freshmen hype him to be anything like what he became. I was one of the first that immediately saw some potential because his footwork on day one was really good. Thanks for trying to play me. Nice try.
I didn't just try, your foot is fully in your mouth at this point. But it's really funny watching you try to spin your way out of this one

Reaction Score
I didn't just try, your foot is fully in your mouth at this point. But it's really funny watching you try to spin your way out of this one
There is absolutely no spin. Sanogo was a second choice to Onumuryi. People expected him to be a solid guy but not the dominant star centerpiece he became. Sure we saw signs as a freshmen but it was after his second year that the expectations went up. These are facts plain and simple.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no spin. Sanogo was a second choice to Onumuryi. People expected him to be a solid guy but not the dominant star centerpiece he became. Sure we saw signs as a freshmen but it was after his second year that the expectations went up. These are facts plain and simple.
Per espn 2020 rankings onumuryi was 53 and sanogo was 58. Sanogo was a reclass and was around 40 in his prior year. I am people and expected sanago to be a star. I recollect his offensive rebounding in high school was off the charts. I remember seton hall was very upset to lose him. They were both big recruits. Sure glad sanogo came with a natty though. For the record, I expect nowell to be a star. Not sold on abraham. Feel free to chastise we if i am incorrect. Hope they are both studs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not me asking. Dave Borges asked Hurley. He got an answer. He didn't get, "Don't shake your ----ing head at me ." Lol

"You see his talent, you see his physicality, that big wing guard," Hurley recalled.

But, the Huskies had 6-4 guard Corey Floyd Jr. redshirting at the time, and had big plans for Floyd as a wing in the coming years. So Claude didn't get much of a look. Or "not really at all," according to Claude.

"In recruiting and building a culture, we don't mislead recruits or recruit the same types of players in terms of skillset," the sixth-year UConn coach explained. "We looked at Corey, at the time, as that type of player that we already committed to in the program. We believed in him."

"Obviously, things don't always work out," Hurley added. "Corey's not with us and Dez is playing well at Xavier. He hurt us a lot last year when we played them, he played really well. He's a tremendous player with a great future."

"None of us get them all right," Hurley shrugged. "We had the right intentions."

Interesting after seeing Floyd at PC. Do you think UConn would have developed Floyd better?

I'd post the alternate access but Webpage archive doesn't work for me on this computer.

Booo. Calhoun’s answer was much more fun.

Reaction Score
And what I'm telling you is you're wrong. Maybe it was unclear but that post from you was the day he committed, and you were far from the only one who had those expectations the day he committed.

Or if you think that's just optimism for a UConn guy you can read through the threads before he committed about him dominating Cliff in AAU

Reaction Score

My guy brought the receipts and you still have a spin lol

Reaction Score

Dude give it up. It’s just an Internet forum, you don’t even know these people. You don’t have to embarrass yourself like this.

Reaction Score
Dude give it up. It’s just an Internet forum, you don’t even know these people. You don’t have to embarrass yourself like this.

Imagine what his ego must be like with people he actually knows.

I lost 90% of my self-respect years ago. Probably around when I started unironically saying "deadass my g" at work.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, the lack of self-awareness posts in this thread is entertaining.

Reaction Score
I made an opinion, he disagrees and goes looking for a 4 year old post that CLEARLY doesnt add up to the point hes trying to make and im the one embarrassing myself? Ok. I like how you dont know us either but feel the need to chime in and insult me. Oh the irony. Lol!

Reaction Score
Imagine what his ego must be like with people he actually knows.

I lost 90% of my self-respect years ago. Probably around when I started unironically saying "deadass my g" at work.
No ego at all. This is a forum to go back and forth with other people. He disagrees with an opinion i made and then went digging back 4 years for one of my comments that in no way invalidates anything i said. Yet im the one with the ego.

Reaction Score
No ego at all. This is a forum to go back and forth with other people. He disagrees with an opinion i made and then went digging back 4 years for one of my comments that in no way invalidates anything i said. Yet im the one with the ego.

My guy... love ya to death. But there's a record of what you (and everyone else) said in that thread. It's either ego or plain stupidity, and I haven't gotten the impression you're stupid.

Reaction Score
My guy... love ya to death. But there's a record of what you (and everyone else) said in that thread. It's either ego or plain stupidity, and I haven't gotten the impression you're stupid
link? If i am wrong and people were saying the opposite i have ZERO EGO and will apologize for being completely wrong and possibly suffering from some sort of cognitive issue i will get immediate help for. Till then i stick to what i said.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Maybe we pick him up as a grad transfer in a couple years

Reaction Score
Perhaps he will want to xfer back home after the season? We might need his skills with the departure of Cam and Newton.

Reaction Score
Yes it will be difficult. Hopefully Clingan works himself into game shape with the week off because Xavier will force the pace of the game.Xavier has won 3 in a row and the last time they lost was when they played UConn at the Cintas Center.
What a dummy :D I guess I should post how difficult our next opponent will be each and every game;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom