Why didn't florida foul late? | The Boneyard

Why didn't florida foul late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah we were gonna win anyway but I was shocked. I know we shoot nearly perfect but its the final four. I feel like I never saw a team stop hacking and praying that early especially considering the stakes.

Reaction Score
Have you ever been in a state of shock? You can't think, move, talk or even coherently do anything.

Reaction Score
Yeah we were gonna win anyway but I was shocked. I know we shoot nearly perfect but its the final four. I feel like I never saw a team stop hacking and praying that early especially considering the stakes.

Because they were flat beaten and they gave up. Same deal with Michigan State, Bazz goes to the line for 3 with 3o seconds left up 2 and they gave up.

They just didn't want to fight anymore.

Reaction Score
maxresdefault.jpg

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I kept thinking of the end of the movie Miracle when the Russian coach didn't pull the goalie cause he didn't know what to do because never in got in that situation. #bookended

Reaction Score
It was surprising! It doesn't matter if the team shoots a high % you fight til the end.. We all know UConn would have fouled til 00 on the clock..

Reaction Score
Putting Uconn on the foul line isn't a great strategy.

Pretty much. Fouling us with under a minute to go would have only extended the lead and Donovan knew it.

Sending us to the line with under a minute to go doesn't keep your team alive, it just lets us shovel dirt on your coffin.

Reaction Score
No better feeling than when the opposition lets you dribble the clock out… feels like victory…

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
they got outscored 54-27, at 1 point.
they were already beaten, long before the final buzzer.
you could see it on the player's faces and their coach.

Reaction Score
I was really surprised they didn't foul. Yes UConn is very good from the line this year and it's not the best strategy. But down 10 with 2 minutes you have to try. You can get an offensive shot about every 10 seconds when you are fouling. Make UConn earn it. They would have but WTF?

Reaction Score
they got outscored 54-27, at 1 point.
they were already beaten, long before the final buzzer.
you could see it on the player's faces and their coach.
Yeah, I was puzzled that they didn't even try. Stranger things have happened in basketball. But I absolutely agree, you could see Florida had lost their composure in the last 3-4 minutes of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom