Why did we take out Brimah? | The Boneyard

Why did we take out Brimah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought it was an offense/defense thing. But they never put him back in on defense.

Yes, I'm aware we made a thousand mistakes like we do in every close game. But why bench Brimah who was huge on defense when there were opportunites to put him back in?

Reaction Score
He was getting pushed around on the boards a bit I saw, but other than that I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
It was almost like a punishment for his fumbling an easy dunk. Who knows what the hell the reason was, but it just seemed strange and the offense became even more unglued with that lineup out there.

Reaction Score
He was getting pushed around on the boards a bit I saw, but other than that I'm not sure.
He was awesome on defense the whole half. He didn't give up an offensive board and he changed a half dozen shots.

Yes, he dropped a pass.

Reaction Score
I thought it was an offense/defense thing. But they never put him back in on defense.

Yes, I'm aware we made a thousand mistakes like we do in every close game. But why bench Brimah who was huge on defense when there were opportunites to put him back in?

Because he was awful

Reaction Score
He was awesome on defense the whole half. He didn't give up an offensive board and he changed a half dozen shots.

Yes, he dropped a pass.

Awesome? Are you kidding me Pal seriously. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So you didn't watch the game tonight.

I'm pretty sure he was watching the same one as me. Not sure if your TV is in focus or not. Quit drinking the Kool Aid.

Certainly not his fault but he did little to help. He gets banged around like a puppet.

Reaction Score
Another year another donut. We've won Championships with worse.

Just saying. . . . . . . . . .

Reaction Score
Brimah is about #4 on the list of things that lost this game, but he wouldn't have changed a thing if he had been in.

Reaction Score
It was almost like a punishment for his fumbling an easy dunk. Who knows what the hell the reason was, but it just seemed strange and the offense became even more unglued with that lineup out there.

It should have been. That play was a train wreck.

Reaction Score
So you didn't watch the game tonight.
Did you? He had 3 points and 2 rebounds. I love Brimah, he usually is a game changer, but he didn't play well today and Bond and everyone else killed him on the boards. The fact that he grabs 2 rebounds in a big game like this is concerning, I'm not sure what game you were watching

Reaction Score

How do you put him in on defense when there's no stoppage in play?

Reaction Score
It should have been. That play was a train wreck.

It was, and that opinion is fine, but should all the other horribly blown layups get the same punishment? I think KO had some idea about spreading Temple out or something but all it led to was an immediate drive to the basket by Temple followed by our guys stumbling around on the perimeter and forcing bad shots.

Reaction Score

Yes, he dropped a pass.

I could be mis-remembering, but I believe they got their first 2nd chance points in the 2nd half by pushing him out of the way and the ball kicking around and them picking it up and scoring then he came out shortly after that.

Reaction Score
Brimah is about #4 on the list of things that lost this game, but he wouldn't have changed a thing if he had been in.
They didn't have an offensive rebound in the second half when he was in. They tied and went ahead on offensive rebounds when he was out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Because he is nothing but a project at this point
Boy is that a sad statement
almost as sad a statement as the team made in the final 5 minutes
He's a joke and the team is a joke
Give me DHam and Miller and JA - the rest can go
I am not usually this brutal but this loss has sent me for a loop
I am pissed off

Reaction Score
They didn't have an offensive rebound in the second half when he was in. They tied and went ahead on offensive rebounds when he was out.

On of their biggest rebounds was him in position to get it but Bond knocked him off of it and it was kicked back out for a 3 by Dingle I believe. He had it in his hands but didn't jump or get position. He was awful in the 2nd half minus maybe 2 shots he contested on Bond. Bond threw him around like the rag doll he is. I mean when do people realize there's not a lot going on there? He didn't even contest shots or block shots he could have if he read the play because he can't read a play. Nolan would have brought more.

Reaction Score
In last 3 games he has 6 rebounds, 3 blocks and 9 fouls in 42 mins. Let's stop pretending he is Bill Russell.. He is more like Charles Okwandu.

Reaction Score
In last 3 games he has 6 rebounds, 3 blocks and 9 fouls in 42 mins. Let's stop pretending he is Bill Russell.. He is more like Charles Okwandu.

Not true. Okwandu played well and over contributed in Final 4 in '11. Brimah is soft in every aspect of basketball.

Reaction Score
Not true. Okwandu played well and over contributed in Final 4 in '11. Brimah is soft in every aspect of basketball.
I get it. He's not playing up to the lofty expectations some people had for an unheralded 3 star recruit nowhere near the top 100 whose only other offer came from La Salle. But don't for one second infer that Chuck Okwandu contributed more to a National Championship than Amida did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom