Why couldn't we run AT ALL last night? | The Boneyard

Why couldn't we run AT ALL last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rushing against FBS opponents we have averaged only 2.5, 3.0 and 1.9 yards per carry, so I realize it's not like we're putting up big numbers on the ground against anybody but Stonybrook rushed for 184 against them, Balls State 174 and Pitt 231. Why did our worst rushing performance of the season come against Buffalo? Concerning, as is the general state of affairs with the O.

Reaction Score
My guess:

- Buffalo was amped to play us while our guys probably struggled to get motivated
- Teams are stacking the box, especially when we have only two WR on the field. We really need to start using more 3 and 4 WR sets to spread out the defense

I blame Delone.

Reaction Score
teams dont respect our passing game. its just like the past few years, except for 2 things:

1. we dont have the stellar O-Line play weve had. i have no idea why. this is disturbing on many levels right now.

2. we have a Good running back, but not a Great one (yet). im sure mccombs will improve, but right now he's just not todman yet....and we need a todman with the lack of passing game.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I feel like we need to run JJL, since he has that combo of size and speed.

Reaction Score
McCombs goes down very easily. He has yet to beak a tackle. There were plenty of opportunities on the edge where he was one on one with a defender and he never beat the defender. Running backs have to make guys miss or run over guys. Until we find a back that can defeat the defender, the running game will struggle.

Personally, based on what I have seen, I would give Foxx or even DeLorenzo a few carries.

Reaction Score
NO DeLorenzo. Stop blowing redshirts in a wasted season.

Reaction Score
McCombs goes down very easily. He has yet to beak a tackle. There were plenty of opportunities on the edge where he was one on one with a defender and he never beat the defender. Running backs have to make guys miss or run over guys. Until we find a back that can defeat the defender, the running game will struggle.

Personally, based on what I have seen, I would give Foxx or even DeLorenzo a few carries.
For some reason they are not running anybody else except McCombs. Seems crazy, but who knows? JJL not even a sniff and Shoemate in the doghouse? Foxx? Is it all mirage an then maybe it changes when we get to the BE??

Reaction Score
Almost always on first down it was a handoff up the middle. Too predictable. Need play action, screens mixed in so that the defense can't sit on a straight handoff. They need to mix it up.

Reaction Score
lyly mccombs is a shifty back, very good instincts. the problem is he's 173 pounds and not a downhill runner.
we need a 1' 2' punch. power and speed

Reaction Score
its really been terrible, our oline has really been underacheiving, but buffalo really showed ineptitude at what should have been at worst an average part of our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom