Why Can't We Close It Out Against Notre Dame? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why Can't We Close It Out Against Notre Dame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
The 3 point shot was the killer - 5 for 23 according to the Box Score. KML's last one goes in and we're probably talking about UCONN's squeaker victory. Stewie 0-4, Kelly 2-6 on 3's. Has to be better if we're going to shoot them.

Played TOO TIGHT !

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
As much as I dislike Diggins she gives them a swagger that Uconn has been lacking since Maya left.

Reaction Score
As much as I dislike Diggins she gives them a swagger that Uconn has been lacking since Maya left.

agree. I'm not a fan of some of her on court behavior, but would have learned to accept it if she came to Stanford instead of ND.

Reaction Score
Never saw a UConn player celebrate after a win?? I guess you missed many of DT's victories at TN or after winning the NC and popping out her jersey. Diggins has an attitude which I think translates confidence and to great play. UConn needs more players to cop an attitude like DT had.
You're not very discriminating when you describe "attitudes." There's confidence and then there's just plain untrammeled snottiness.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I had similar thought (not about blaming Geno per se, but thought Dolson could do more damage in paint). But guards needed to get her the ball vs. shooting as many 3s. Just my opinion. Still a great game, a very winnable game even with injured players, foul trouble and missed opportunities.

As much as it pains me to say it, I thought it was probably the best game I've watched this year.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wonk
The only time that the team looked like itself was when Caroline ran the offense in the 2nd half.
That moment ended with KLM's injury and we went back to confusion

Reaction Score
You're not very discriminating when you describe "attitudes." There's confidence and then there's just plain untrammeled snottiness.
Well I guess "snottiness" is in the eye of the beholder. One man's snottiness is another man's attitude.

Reaction Score
What I am still trying to figure out is why Auriemma stuck with the hi/lo in hte first half with Stewart in the paint when it was so obvious that she wasn't getting it done. Dolson is an experienced quality post, a banger and a widebody. Yet she played the majority of the 1st half at the top of the key. I know Dolson is also a good passer but it doesn't dso much good if the receiver fumbles or misses the shot or gets pushed out of the way.

If you look at the box score it looks like lousy (outside) shooting was their downfall but I think the real blame lies with Auriemma's unwillingness to put Dolson in the paint.
Don't mean to be mean and don't have the \time to explain why Dolson was at the top of the key but your lack of basketball knowlegde is showing.When the center draws the big guarding her moves out it clears the lane, how many back cut layups did we miss with no big to block?

Reaction Score
What I am still trying to figure out is why Auriemma stuck with the hi/lo in hte first half with Stewart in the paint when it was so obvious that she wasn't getting it done. Dolson is an experienced quality post, a banger and a widebody. Yet she played the majority of the 1st half at the top of the key. I know Dolson is also a good passer but it doesn't dso much good if the receiver fumbles or misses the shot or gets pushed out of the way.

If you look at the box score it looks like lousy (outside) shooting was their downfall but I think the real blame lies with Auriemma's unwillingness to put Dolson in the paint.
P.S. the plaqn was to ave Stewie down low against a smaller player but unfortunately she missed a ton of easy shots or lost the ball down there

Reaction Score
... When the center draws the big guarding her moves out it clears the lane, how many back cut layups did we miss with no big to block?
Yep ... the blown layups were incomprehensible. Geno's gray hair count must've doubled during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom