Why? Can someone please tell me why I have Pitt winning a single stinkin' NCAA game?!?! | The Boneyard

Why? Can someone please tell me why I have Pitt winning a single stinkin' NCAA game?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember telling everyone last year to make sure to tell me not to have Pitt going anywhere as deep as their seeding would dictate. I vowed not to pick them until they proved me wrong. Why did I not listen to my own conscience.

I realize the game is not over, but I somehow ignored the "Pitt Happens" rule. They never live up to their seeding and I failed to recognize they are an 8 against a 9, which should have warned me in red letters saying, pick the other team.

My gosh, one of these years I'll learn my lesson. It doesn't look very good for a comeback so I again flushed some valuable bracket points right down the toilet.

Pitt give us so many reasons to hate them, but this one was self-inflicted. Ugh!!!!

Reaction Score
I remember telling everyone to make sure to tell me not to have Pitt going anywhere as deep as their seeding would dictate.

I realize the game is not over, but I somehow ignored the "Pitt Happens" rule. They never live up to their seeding and I failed to recognize they are an 8 against a 9, which should have warned me in red letters saying, pick the other team.

My gosh, one of these years I'll learn my lesson. It doesn't look very good for a comeback so I again flushed some valuable bracket points right down the toilet.

Pitt give us so many reasons to hate them, but this one was self-inflicted. Ugh!!!!
Pitt=Lucy, you=Charlie Brown

Reaction Score
Thinking the same thing.....I actually said to myself the Shockers can take these guys yet in a nice $$$$ pool I took the Panthers. duckk Pitt

Reaction Score
Never take Pitt, glad I had them losing this game.

Reaction Score
I remember telling everyone last year to make sure to tell me not to have Pitt going anywhere as deep as their seeding would dictate. I vowed not to pick them until they proved me wrong. Why did I not listen to my own conscience.

I think this pretty much sums up how all of us who picked Pitt feel

Forrest-Gump-i-am-not-a-smart-man.png

Reaction Score
I learned after 2009. When they couldn't beat Villanova with that team, I decided to pick against them in the first game they could plausibly lose every year until they proved me wrong. I had WSU right from teh getgo.

In 2011, I had them losing in the S16--I didn't think they would plausibly lose to Butler. Even then, they screwed me.

Reaction Score
I learned after 2009. When they couldn't beat Villanova with that team, I decided to pick against them in the first game they could plausibly lose every year until they proved me wrong. I had WSU right from teh getgo.

In 2011, I had them losing in the S16--I didn't think they would plausibly lose to Butler. Even then, they screwed me.
I made that same vow last year and I simply ignored myself. Hum...that's a bad sign. It's bad enough everyone else ignores me...I need therapy. :eek:

I talked to HooperScooper today and he asked me why the heck didn't I talk to him before I submitted my sheets. I told him last year under no certain terms to let me pick Pitt. I was almost not going to submit any sheet this year since I've been spending so many late nights working, but I actually got out of bed around midnight on Tuesday to fill out a few. I knew I was working from home today and would not be able to get my money in to our office pool today. If had only called Hooper before hand, he would have straightened me out.

This lapse of reason is going to bother me for the next 3 weeks. And the likelihood of me doing this again seems quite high since I never learn my lesson.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They were a marginal team that barely beat this years UConn team without SN. Even when they had good teams Pitt was a loser. This year the choice was a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom