Why can’t this AD figure out how to price tickets? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why can’t this AD figure out how to price tickets?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's 10 to park in the lot that is about 100 feet from the on/off ramp. Why do people still seem to exaggerate everything when it comes to XL games?

It’s 5 by DD park and easy to get in and out.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this game is sold out?

Also, do we expect there to be a lot of Witchita State fans? They have a reputation for traveling well.

They won't travel this far to watch a blow out.

Reaction Score
They won't travel this far to watch a blow out.

I think there'll be more than any other AAC team we've played.

Who do you think has brought the most?

Reaction Score
A Dime Back did a great article about this issue. The AD should be interviewed about the secondary market relationship and the justification for ticket prices. It would be interesting to hear the thought process.

Reaction Score
The school needs to figure out a way to meaningfully reward season ticket holders. I suspect that corp season tickets support the existing pricing though they are likely the reason there are so many empty seats down low.

This will be a huge issue this year in light of the tax change that removes the deductibility of athletic dept donations tied to season tickets. The Athletic Dept will have to figure out ways to make it worthwhile to season ticket holders outside of on field/court performance and tax benefits.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Is there even a 20 dollar lot near the XL?

I cant think of one.

$15 is the highest i've ever seen and that's directly under the XL without even having to go outside to get in..

Just gotta realize some people are so miserable about Uconn basketball right now they'll exaggerate anything and everything to make it all sound even worse!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this game is sold out?

Also, do we expect there to be a lot of Witchita State fans? They have a reputation for traveling well.
about 13,500 sold as of this morning

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Where were you when tickets were 15 bucks? Not on the boneyard all day?

You're right I'm just complaining really. Could go. And Whaler is right about $15 tickets on StubHub but sitting in the nosebleeds at XL sucks. I'll watch on CBS so that I can change the channel once we're getting smoked and watch a bowl game

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Honestly, you couldn't do more to kill this fanbase from a ticketing standpoint if you were doing it on purpose than what they do now. Its insane. There is literally no reason for anyone to buy season tickets- even from a point of view of supporting the program, heck, just donate the cash as a lump sum if you wanna do it for that reason.

You know what's really cool? That they jacked up men's hockey season tickets this year. Attendance is way down. Hmm, wonder why.

Don't worry- they made sure that the Quinnipiac game on Tuesday- which should be AWESOME- is priced higher than every other game. $30 after fees for a college hockey game is ridiculous. Try growing a fanbase, one time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're right I'm just complaining really. Could go. And Whaler is right about $15 tickets on StubHub but sitting in the nosebleeds at XL sucks. I'll watch on CBS so that I can change the channel once we're getting smoked and watch a bowl game

You just sit in the upper student sections.

They are empty.

Reaction Score
The fanbase looks poised to turn out, they appreciate the stakes here.

If KO doesn't have the team ready to go for this one, especially coming off the no-show at Auburn, he might find himself walking home.

C

Chief00

The school needs to figure out a way to meaningfully reward season ticket holders. I suspect that corp season tickets support the existing pricing though they are likely the reason there are so many empty seats down low.

There are actually very few “Corporate Seats”, most of the empty good seats are individual season tickets holder or student seats. A few are school or Athletic Dept seats.

Another point - the poorly organized and understaffed security and ticket staff at the gates are going to be totally overwhelmed tomorrow - there are long lines when 6,000 attend the game - so with a near sellout - get there early.

Last edited by a moderator:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I talked about this with Joe D at the Auburn game. He asked me how much I paid for tickets, I told him $20. He, very exasperatedly, said "ugh, Dave needs to do something about our ticket prices."

And then he hit on my wife.
Joe D's been doing a lot of downsizing. Lost his talk show and then his fill-in sportscaster role on TV. All he's got left is Husky radio. He'd better hope we turn things around with the program quickly or things will be hard for him. "That's what she said...."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There are actually very few “Corporate Seats”, most of the empty good seats are individual season tickets holder or student seats. A few are school or Athletic Dept seats.
Interesting. That's a little different than where I am.

Reaction Score
$15 is the highest i've ever seen and that's directly under the XL without even having to go outside to get in..

Just gotta realize some people are so miserable about Uconn basketball right now they'll exaggerate anything and everything to make it all sound even worse!

The Lots jack up prices against better competition. At least the two lots before you cross the bridge to DD park. Gtown game was $20, otherwise it's norm $7-$10.

I can see them going to $15-$20 for a Saturday day game against a ranked opponent, so it's not that absurd.

LoveMeSomeUC

"My point being" James A. Calhoun
Reaction Score
And as a season ticket holder I get to pay full price. It’s an absolute joke that 1/2 these tickets sold went for half price. Why should I even bother buying my 9 season tickets that I own.
You don’t love being hounded by uconn foundation members for larger donations?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom