Why can’t this AD figure out how to price tickets? | The Boneyard

Why can’t this AD figure out how to price tickets?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can someone from the athletic department audit a couple of classes in the business school?

Currently on UConn tickets dot com the school is selling nosebleeds in 218 for $60 all in tomorrow.

At the exact same time they are dumping the handful of rows behind those seats on the secondary market for like $22 all in.

They have sold tickets to this game from $13
on ‘Black Friday’ to the gashing of season ticket holders for $50 or so face.

For the love of Pete - can you please find someone with a triple digit IQ to come in and show you how to stop alienating your fanbase by the least rational pricing strategies I’ve ever seen.

You may as well have people come to the XL Center and spin a wheel with prices on it at the door and then only accept Discover cards as payment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can someone from the athletic department audit a couple of classes in the business school?

Currently on UConn tickets dot com the school is selling nosebleeds in 218 for $60 all in tomorrow.

At the exact same time they are dumping the handful of rows behind those seats on the secondary market for like $22 all in.

For the love of Pete - can you please find someone with a triple digit IQ to come in and show you how to stop alienating your fanbase by the least rational pricing strategies I’ve ever seen.

You may as well have people come to the XL Center and spin a wheel with prices on it at the door and then only accept Discover cards as payment.

I simply do not get these pro teams and school's relationship with secondary ticket vendors.

To me, you either go all in on one or the other. Either you completely outsource your ticket sales to a third party vendor or you monopolize the product. (And yes, I realize that tickets would still end up on the secondary market but it would significantly cut down on the supply).

There's no other business that subsidizes their competition.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Seems they are learning how to scam from insurance industry

Reaction Score
Seems they are learning how to scam from insurance industry
Maybe they need to learn from the ticket office that runs Estadio Latinoamerican in Havana.
estadiolatinoamerica.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The school needs to figure out a way to meaningfully reward season ticket holders. I suspect that corp season tickets support the existing pricing though they are likely the reason there are so many empty seats down low.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The school needs to figure out a way to meaningfully reward season ticket holders. I suspect that corp season tickets support the existing pricing though they are likely the reason there are so many empty seats down low.

10 minutes in to the game, they need to announce that those seats are up for grabs, priority for students first.

Tickets need to be uniform for every game, with a slight discount for season ticket holders or multi-game package buyers over Single game. Don’t overprice the better games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
10 minutes in to the game, they need to announce that those seats are up for grabs, priority for students first.
Difficult logistically. Instead offer some type of discount if seats are offered back to the school for distribution.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this game is sold out?

Also, do we expect there to be a lot of Witchita State fans? They have a reputation for traveling well.

Reaction Score
In all honesty tho... I bought for $20 on stubhub and they’re not row AA or whatever UConn is charging $60 for. I saw that and immediately went to stub hub. That’s a wild price

Reaction Score
You trying to say my free tickets to the Memphis football game was not meaningful?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I won't be going tomorrow because I can't afford it. I'm 24 years old and in school (not currently at UConn so can't get student tix)--I'd pay $15 to see the game, but at that rate it's just absurd. I didn't buy on black friday because I wanted to see how the team did moving forward and I wasn't sure what I'd be up to on Dec 30th. The prices are criminal and the crowd will reflect that.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Difficult logistically. Instead offer some type of discount if seats are offered back to the school for distribution.

Why? Just get rid of ushers halfway through the first half. Nothing formal, just let the kids move down. Lots of places do that.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this game is sold out?

Also, do we expect there to be a lot of Witchita State fans? They have a reputation for traveling well.

Doubt that they will travel here, in this weather. They travel well where they can drive. Tulsa, Dallas, Memphis...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
$20 parking plus $30 ticket. This team isn't worth $50 of my hard earned money. I'd rather stay home and not watch on TV.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I won't be going tomorrow because I can't afford it. I'm 24 years old and in school (not currently at UConn so can't get student tix)--I'd pay $15 to see the game, but at that rate it's just absurd. I didn't buy on black friday because I wanted to see how the team did moving forward and I wasn't sure what I'd be up to on Dec 30th. The prices are criminal and the crowd will reflect that.
Where were you when tickets were 15 bucks? Not on the boneyard all day?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

$16 on stubhub.

Reaction Score
$20 parking plus $30 ticket. This team isn't worth $50 of my hard earned money. I'd rather stay home and not watch on TV.

You’re parking in the wrong lot brotha

Reaction Score
It's 10 to park in the lot that is about 100 feet from the on/off ramp. Why do people still seem to exaggerate everything when it comes to XL games?
People will find a way to hate on Hartford any way they can

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's 10 to park in the lot that is about 100 feet from the on/off ramp. Why do people still seem to exaggerate everything when it comes to XL games?

You’re parking in the wrong lot brotha

Is there even a 20 dollar lot near the XL?

I cant think of one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom