Why California recuit Morgan Cheli chose UConn women's basketball program: 'Wanted to follow my heart' | The Boneyard

Why California recuit Morgan Cheli chose UConn women's basketball program: 'Wanted to follow my heart'

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
‘Y Ball’ forced Nika "everybody eats" philosophy. ;)
"The rule in ‘Y Ball’ (the local youth basketball program for kindergarteners and first graders) was that each kid was only allowed to make five baskets per game that way no one could dominate the whole time or hog the ball. Morgan wasn’t a fan of the rule but challenged herself by seeing how fast she could score her own five buckets. Once she’d score her own, she’d shift her focus to making sure all her teammates got their five buckets in too. She would steal the ball, go down the court and pass it off to a teammate and they would probably miss it three times because it was kindergarten and first grade, but she’d rebound and literally hand it to them to try again," Leah said."

Reaction Score
Loved the photo of Morgan and Jonathan. Reminded me of similar photos with Dorka. My only question about that photo is why is the leash attached to Morgan instead of to Jonathan?

Reaction Score
Great article with a lot of insight about Morgan as a person and player. A point about her USA basketball experience stood out to me - she led team, averaging 3 steals a game. A 6'2" player with great energy and strong defense should get to play as a frosh. Combined with the comments from all her coaches, comparing her to shooters like KL Samuelson, indicates that we got a good one.

Reaction Score
UCONN will have a spot for her to start her first year if she is ready. I would expect Paige to go to the pro level and UCONN will need a player to fill those shoes, those very big shoes. To me the first year players need to demonstrate the ability to defend college level talent to get on the floor. I would expect her offense to be there from the go.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UCONN will have a spot for her to start her first year if she is ready. I would expect Paige to go to the pro level and UCONN will need a player to fill those shoes, those very big shoes. To me the first year players need to demonstrate the ability to defend college level talent to get on the floor. I would expect her offense to be there from the go.

No reason for Paige to leave after this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom