Why Boyle needs to play now | The Boneyard

Why Boyle needs to play now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are in a critical stage for UCONN football. Last night was hopefully the first step in getting the ship on the right course. While Whitmer can throw a good ball when he has time he is not a winning player and throughout his JUCO and UConn career has been throwing one pick after another. Forget the fact that he threw the ball into triple coverage on that game-breaking INT the part on that play that he failed was before the throw - he had a wide open running lane and could have easily had 10yds. Considering that we were in our own territory and had the lead and the clock on our side thats a play you have to make. Unfathomably he made a similar error on the last drive of the game when he was rolling right and could have easily run for 6 to 8 yds and instead threw it away. Those 2 plays should signal the start of the Boyle ERA. I have watched this team forever and in my and my colleagues opinion S. Phillips and G. Davis are the most talented WRs we have ever had at the same time. Unfortunately they are both Juniors. If we are going to do anything next year (which is critical for our long term future) those WRs needs to start developing chemistry with Boyle in gams situations. Like was said in a previous post every year QBs will be leaving and coming. Im not worried about Boyle being here 5 years . I wish Nebrich was still on this team. I was irrate he didnt get more opportunity last year

C

Chief00

Whitmer sounds like Coach P when interviewed. Neither seems laser focused on winning. Both seem too satisfied losing. Smallwood in contrast seemed genuinely upset they lost.

Reaction Score
I have never seen Boyle play. So I have no idea if he would be an improvement. But I am not taking the media's word about him being the next great thing. I think Ajou Ajou Deng. I have to see for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom