Why are we Playing @ 9PM on the East Coast? | The Boneyard

Why are we Playing @ 9PM on the East Coast?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Does this happen often? I've been watching more games lately, so I'm not aware of the trends for the conference in terms of time slots and such, but why on earth are we playing at 9 pm?

Reaction Score
My guess is it has something to do with the AAC contract with ESPN. They needed to fill that time slot and we had to schedule accordingly

Reaction Score
You mean so less people see the train wreck?
Out of any game this year, (other than ECU and other cupcakes), this is one game, prior to playing, that I feel we can at least have hope for, since we already beat them...and since they are missing that big Taco guy.

Reaction Score
This isn't new. Since joining the AAC we've played at some strange times. 9:00 on a Wednesday is normal compared to some of our other games the last few years. It's all about the TV money and what time slots TV needs to fill.

And by the way, the SEC and ACC some times play 9:00 games on ESPN. Kentucky at Vanderbilt last night was at 9:00.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Out of any game this year, (other than ECU and other cupcakes), this is one game, prior to playing, that I feel we can at least have hope for, since we already beat them...and since they are missing that big Taco guy.
Yes, but they are playing with guard B.J. Taylor, whom they were missing last time. Taylor is very good and Tako is not.

In other words, DOOMED!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So less people can watch 2 teams flounder on the court

Reaction Score
I normally like that start time
That’s 7pm here.
But tonight we’re taking AZHuskiePup for his lesson and will get back home late
He and my wife get angry when I stream the game instead of watching him. Maybe that’s good luck as
We took him too his B.B. game in 2014 the day of the Fla FF
Game . I did get to watch the second half from a Texas Roadhouse . I was almost thrown out as an unknown to me waiter and I were high fiving each other at the end or maybe it was my scream.
When you get to my age embarrassment isn’t a consideration.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That or I'm a night owl......open to interpretation.

Welp, the question I asked was deleted and I was issued a warning for asking it? Interesting. Was literally just looking to clarify what Hi Lo meant in his post...not sure how that warrants a warning, but thanks

Reaction Score
Welp, the question I asked was deleted and I was issued a warning for asking it? Interesting. Was literally just looking to clarify what Hi Lo meant in his post...not sure how that warrants a warning, but thanks
No offense taken.....

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
No offense taken.....

Yeah, I dunno why that happened. Anyways, enjoy the game as a night owl! I won't be getting home from school until around 9, so I'll be able to watch, though my commute is about 50 mins and I love when I can listen to the games on the ride home.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ugh. Well if we get blown out, it would make the decision to turn it off and go to bed that much easier. I hate these late games

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The 9 pm start time allows for more etoh before tip off.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ugh. Well if we get blown out, it would make the decision to turn it off and go to bed that much easier. I hate these late games
I never decide to turn off a game and go to bed no matter the time or the margin of defeat, but during these late games I am prone to pass out in the recliner before the second half starts and to awaken mercifully after we have laid another egg.

Reaction Score
Does this happen often? I've been watching more games lately, so I'm not aware of the trends for the conference in terms of time slots and such, but why on earth are we playing at 9 pm?

CBSSports contract with the AAC identifies specific time slots for AAC games that CBSSports will televise; once ESPN determines that ESPN does not want the game, the pecking order begins down through the contract commitments.....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I never decide to turn off a game and go to bed no matter the time or the margin of defeat, but during these late games I am prone to pass out in the recliner before the second half starts and to awaken mercifully after we have laid another egg.

Prior to this year, I don't think I had ever done it. Now it has happened twice. Memphis and Temple. Still late in each game.

Reaction Score

These type of old people posts always crack me up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom