Why are people acting surprised? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why are people acting surprised?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight.

Your grand plan is for UConn, the most successful basketball program
In history, to be relegated to second class status? And you are ok with that?

You really think we can keep on truckin’ on $4.1M a year?

Dude, we have American soccer players riding the bench in Europe who make more than UConn does.

We should be actively pursuing something better, something more lucrative and something that is sustainable. FOX won’t be coughing up more dough for the Big East. The streaming services are not going to overpay.

Do I think a P5 invite is coming soon? Nope. I’ve always been skeptical and questioned the so called insiders here. I challenge you to show otherwise.

So do I think UConn should give up? Hell no.

We’re oddball. Kind of like BYU or something. We don’t really fit according to the schools in the P5. It’s a perception problem. But someday that could change.

And we make more enemies than friends, with our stupid lawsuits and our idiotic politicians. Like when or Governor shoots his mouth off about Houston. Little things like that matter.

Houston sounds like a bunch of snowflakes if that bothered them. We don't need to lick those mouthbreathers boots. Because even if we did lick their boots, it wouldn't matter. I know you know that.

Reaction Score
Houston sounds like a bunch of snowflakes if that bothered them. We don't need to lick those mouthbreathers boots. Because even if we did lick their boots, it wouldn't matter. I know you know that.

Don’t lick boots. How about just don’t say anything. Because that would have been better. It absolutely had some kind of negative impact.

And who are we to talk? Hartford isn’t exactly Dubai.

And how freaking hard is it to dish out some compliments even if you are lying. It costs you nothing!

Show some intelligence for once. This state is its own worst enemy.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
At this point the Big 12 has rejected us twice and the ACC has rejected or ignored us for over a decade. I think its time for us to focus our attention on the conference realignment hot girl - the SEC.

Reaction Score
Please explain
Wasn’t Tulane one of final adds before C7 said no more and pulled out?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True.

For argument’s sake though… SMU is making next to nothing in the AAC. And they are paying to produce ESPN + broadcasts.

What’s the difference between making a pittance in the AAC and being on + and making nothing in the ACC and getting an upgrade on every other front.

I think from SMU’s perspective it’s 100% rational.

In fact it’s just as rational as leaving the AAC for a smaller check in the Big East and going Indy in football.

Of all the fanbases, I’m so surprised that this one can’t see the logic here.
Oh it's definitely logical. They essentially became a supermarket free sample. Nobody would've given a thought to them but for the fact that they're free.

Reaction Score
He’s always been a nonsensical wack job.

We’re not getting into a P5 and the Bog East isn’t some oasis.

I don’t see what he is taking issue with. It’s bizarre.
Not nearly as bizarre as someone who is a UConn fan only for the football.

August_West

Reaction Score
Oh it's definitely logical. They essentially became a supermarket free sample. Nobody would've given a thought to them but for the fact that they're free.

Man I want UConn to offer the free deal to the ACC so badly just so I can watch you dopes try to spin the reason SMU got chosen over us then. (Because that would ABSOLUTELY happen)

Reaction Score
Man I want UConn to offer the free deal to the ACC so badly just so I can watch you dopes try to spin the reason SMU got chosen over us then. (Because that would ABSOLUTELY happen)
You can't see how actually being in the 4th biggest metro area in a recruiting hotbed is not more attractive than being well on the outskirts of the 53rd biggest metro area with hardly any recruits?

Reaction Score
Did the Catholic schools start the original Big East and then all the non-Catholic schools like UConn, etc. joined it?

August_West

Reaction Score
Did the Catholic schools start the original Big East and then all the non-Catholic schools like UConn, etc. joined it?
You realize how the BigEast started right?
6 out of the 8 teams were Catholic schools. Only UConn and Syracuse werent.

I guess you didnt?

Providence, St Johns, Georgetown and Syracuse (3 Catholic schools+Cuse) got together and invited UConn,Seton Hall BC, Rutgers and Holy Cross. The last two turned down the invite.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
Yeah I added them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The fact that you root against Connecticut getting into a conference that will keep its athletics viable is duly noted August.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight.

Your grand plan is for UConn, the most successful basketball program
In history, to be relegated to second class status? And you are ok with that?
You're missing the point Zoo. We get to continue to play Providence this way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not saying that Tulane wasn't a proposed all sports addition (pre split) for the BE but I honestly don't remember that (and they were added to the AAC after that conference had already been established).

After Marinatto sent Beebe flowers for derailing the Texas/Texas Tech/Oklahoma/Oklahoma St move to the Pac-12 (and the subsequent merger of B-12 remnants with the BE) the BE looked into Houston, SMU (TCU had already reneged and jumped to the B-12) and SDSU (BE had also lost WVU and finally ended the farce of Nova considering moving up).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom