Why am I so excited for the USF game? | The Boneyard

Why am I so excited for the USF game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am excited also. USF on the road feels like a good challenge for this team at this time. BYU and Boise are tough opponents to face with a new coaching staff and so much player turnover. Stonybrook was a WTF game....a hangover after BYU.

This is the first game where I feel the players have their legs under them and they are facing a more traditional opponent who doesn't present enormous hurdles to overcome.

I don't think it is must win...I think it is must play well. USF has enough talent that they can beat UConn and UConn can still play well.

But...I really do think UConn is going to pull this out. I think USF is a bit shaky right now and they will be easily frustrated if UConn starts out strong. I think an aggressive start to the game will be key for UConn.

Reaction Score
Excited and cautiously optimistic. Usf has a lot of talented players they just don't have it put together yet so in some ways they are in the same boat as us. Their backup quarterback who will probably play against is has n amazing offer list including west Virginia and Alabama. I believe they have more stars than us if u believe in that sort of thing. It is going to be a good test for us. Although it's a road game. I would be surprised if usf draws 10000 to the game. Also it's still warm down here . 85 degrees out as I type this . So it's not goo g to be easy but I am Hopi g for a ten point win but even better than having the win will be momentum

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Also excited for the game! USF is an opponent that has similar talent levels as we have. Plus, crowd noise shouldn't be too big of a factor with the tens of thousands empty seats at their NFL stadium. A loss would definitely sting and really damper bowl expectations (yes, I am still clinging to mine). 2-2 for our home Temple game would be sweet.

Reaction Score
We've been told by the locals to bring ponchos when we fly down, as rain is a distinct probability. I hope they're wrong about that. In addition to being miserable as spectators holding onto the ball becomes even tougher for our running backs and receivers. We have enough trouble with a dry ball.

Reaction Score
I don't think they are a very good football team and I don't love their coach, so it is a winnable game for us. On the other hand its a road game and road games are usually very difficult for a young team and we're pretty young. Not sure if it helps or hurts that the crowd will be, lets say, unenthusiastic. Sometimes in those situations its tough to get energy going. Even negative reactions can get you pumped. 15000 people in an NFL stadium, not so much.

Reaction Score
Don't set yourselves up. Everything depends on QB play.

The truth is, Boise is no very good this year. They are no barometer. And USF is struggling like UConn is, so they will be clawing for dear life too.

Reaction Score
We've been told by the locals to bring ponchos when we fly down, as rain is a distinct probability. I hope they're wrong about that. In addition to being miserable as spectators holding onto the ball becomes even tougher for our running backs and receivers. We have enough trouble with a dry ball.
Looks like a 60% chance of thunderstorms so there may be a weather delay as well...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Looks like a 60% chance of thunderstorms so there may be a weather delay as well...

It's central Florida in September. There's a 60% chance of rain every day. It's like London, only 40 degrees warmer.

Reaction Score
There's glimmers of hope sprinkled throughout the team. It's called optimism.

Here is my wish list from last week. I will self score my dream!

Here is my super confident perfect world prediction.

1. Chandler Whitmer will have his best day thus far at UCONN 300+ yds 209
2. Arkeel Newsome will have over 100 all purpose yards. Max DeLorezo & Mariner 75 more. Arkeel no - Max 43 yds
3. Geremy Davis will have over 10 receptions for 150 + yds, Fox 6 more GD 3/47 but Fox did have 6/107
4. No First half turnovers - WRONG - ARKEEL FUMBLE!
5. Defense will slow Boise and contain Ajayi - D-line will continue to push YESSS!
6. Obi, Jones and co. will also have great day - SO WRONG
7. We will score 1 more special teams touch down! NOT

USF Predictions.

1. Considering how bad the O line played, Chandler had his best day of the season and overall he did good. I expect improvement over BSU game and will shoot for
300 Yards against USF.

2. Because we are in Florida I expect that in addition to Max, Johnson will get some
significant work. I have a funny feeling that Johnson may have a breakout game.

3. Geremy will get the 10 catches and 150 here. FOX will get 6 more

4. NO FIRST HAVE TURNOVERS, ESPECIALLY FUMBLES!

5. DEFENSE WILL AGAIN BE OUR STRENGTH

6. Obi will have a great day

7. We will score a special teams touchdown!

Final Score UCONN 27 USF 17

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It will be ugly. It will force drinks down by throat, but this game is a "W" for the Huskies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Excited... Because we have a test in front of our guys. They are on the road, and are expected to match them.

We HOPE that they have a win here. We know their potential to win and that brings a murmuring excitement to the place.

And we worry, because we know they are so young, and the game of inches in front of them can fall away.

I like the feeling of potential, knowledge that our team can explode and learn to win and the guys can bild momentum for the rest of the year....

This is a REALLY good Guiness draft I have to say...

Reaction Score
I'm headed to Vegas tonight. Take the points or bet the money line?

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the regular season. Just wish we could open at home :)

Reaction Score
Moisture on the ball has nothing to do with our fumbles, it has been D linemen getting to the back the same time as the ball. This will NOT happen in this game and our ground game will produce over 150 for the first time this season.
Our D getting better each week will contribute to the scoring in this one. Maybe Puyol pulls a Taggart and specials get it done! No matter our dairy school Dogs are coming home with a W over the Bulls!
No attack Nos but I really feal bad about football fans that may have to sit through one with rain in Florida in September. They are calling for temps in the mid 80's, how miserable can it be? Obviously most would prefer the freezing rain / sleet and snow of 09 game at The Dog House but hey, don your UCONN Speedo and enjoy the game, I wish I could be there with you!
I look forward to hearing the band and fans like yourself cheering in the background as Bob gets the coming off the field interview...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Moisture on the ball has nothing to do with our fumbles, it has been D linemen getting to the back the same time as the ball. This will NOT happen in this game and our ground game will produce over 150 for the first time this season.
Our D getting better each week will contribute to the scoring in this one. Maybe Puyol pulls a Taggart and specials get it done! No matter our dairy school Dogs are coming home with a W over the Bulls!
No attack Nos but I really feal bad about football fans that may have to sit through one with rain in Florida in September. They are calling for temps in the mid 80's, how miserable can it be? Obviously most would prefer the freezing rain / sleet and snow of 09 game at The Dog House but hey, don your UCONN Speedo and enjoy the game, I wish I could be there with you!
I look forward to hearing the band and fans like yourself cheering in the background as Bob gets the coming off the field interview...

That was only the Newsome fumble. For Max, it was a matter of the defender getting his helmet right on the ball around three yards down the field. For Marriner, it was also past the line of scrimmage but I was never able to understand if the ball got ripped out or it was a direct helmet hit.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, sometimes it's a pad level issue, letting tacklers get under the ball.

My fear is that the Huskies play the game we all believe / hope that they can while I'm flying over the Pacific. I don't want MOJO to demand I quit watching the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom