Why Am I So Excited About Tomorrow? | The Boneyard

Why Am I So Excited About Tomorrow?

Reaction Score
It is an exhibition game after all. It doesn't count on your team record or for stats. So what's the big deal? It's because we all want to see a small measure of answers from the game as to the many questions we all have.

Is Aubrey really a 3 point threat now and does she have a bona fide pull up jumper like we saw in one of the practice clips? Is she back to the old Aubrey on defense and her floor game?

What about Amari? Intense? More aggressive? A low post presence or a continuation but not bump up from last year?

Is Ayanna the real deal underneath? Will she give us the back to the basket power game we want? How is her defense?

Have Liya's basketball skills improved? Is she stronger? Does she have strong drive moves now from both sides?

How do Azzi, Caroline and Lou Two fit together? Did Lou learn the offense and how is her defense?

Is Dorka going to be a star this year? (Predicted here right now). Will she lead the team as a fifth year player? Is her wrist healed?

Can Nika finish at the rim and not take an extra step? Can she shoot a baby pull up and make it with regularity? Is she physically stronger than last year?

Can Ines contribute right away or is the transition period going to be prolonged?

How is our team chemistry, our defense, will we press, will we run, how good are we going to be?

We won't get all these answers tomorrow but we may get a few. It's a brand new team in many respects and I believe that it is a team that we will root for just as hard if not harder than any other UCONN team. Geno has said how much he likes this team. I think we will too.

They have a lot on their plate but as sure as the day follows the night come March they are going to be right there. They always are.

sun

Reaction Score
Because it's an exhibition, I would expect every UConn player to get some PT.
If a player doesn't get any PT then that could be a sign that they have a lingering medical problem.

We were told that Edwards may be wearing a protective face mask to protect her nose to begin the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m so excited for tomorrow because it’s New Season’s Eve. Snow is falling. It’s all so beautiful. I can’t wait to run downstairs on New Season’s morning and open all the presents!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
There won't be many answers to the questions, given how much worse Kutztown is than the Huskies.
It will mostly answer the "starting 5" question...at least for a few hours/days.

Edit: Or maybe it won't because someone posted that Caroline might not play due to a stiff neck. But it seems to me if she has a alleged stiff neck that was reported today, I am hoping it is much better by Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
May get an idea of how well the various injuries have healed.
As much as we’re all straining at the leash to see some Husky basketball being played, no doubt it’s nothing compared to the eagerness with which all the players, both UCONN veterans and newbies, are waiting for the opening gun.
Bet the greatest challenge for Geno & the coaching crew is keeping them from overdoing it.
Yeah, we wanna look good and flex some long dormant competitive muscles, but it is an exhibition game and it’s going to be a long, tough campaign.
Once we start running the early OOC gauntlet, everybody will have the chance to go all out to come out the other side with victories.
Not sure how it will turn out with so many possible variables, good and bad.
The only thing we can be sure these Huskies WON’T do is quit.
If the miserable set of setbacks and gut punches last season taught us nothing else, it was not to underestimate the resiliency and determination that lives in Storrs.
No doubt Paige’s ability and leadership on the court will be sorely missed.
But there’s still a ton of talent on this squad, just waiting to be drawn out and pushed along toward the NC.
And I can’t think of a better, more experienced pusher than Geno.
We may make it all the way this season or we may not.
But NEVER count the Huskies out.
I predict thrills, suspense and one helluva basketball season.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Sundays game isn't about winning, it's about finally getting to try their stuff against someone who has never seen it. There will be lots of subs with Geno trying out different combinations, different PGs, different Bigs playing together. This game will be a starting point which will continue with Northeastern. Hopefully by then, he will know what he can do, and what some of the new players can do before we tackle Texas. Looking forward to it, will be there with bells on.

Reaction Score
Sundays game isn't about winning, it's about finally getting to try their stuff against someone who has never seen it. There will be lots of subs with Geno trying out different combinations, different PGs, different Bigs playing together. This game will be a starting point which will continue with Northeastern. Hopefully by then, he will know what he can do, and what some of the new players can do before we tackle Texas. Looking forward to it, will be there with bells on.
". . . against someone who has never seen it . . ." and IN FRONT OF FOLKS WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN IT!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I ,too, am excited about tomorrow. Georgia vs Tennessee, Bama vs LSU, Clemson vs Notre Dame, Texas vs Kansas State. What a day of potentially great games. And then you wake up Sunday, after falling back, and realize that UConn wbb is off and running. What a good weekend, and Sunday is our 35th anniversary to boot. :)

Reaction Score
". . . against someone who has never seen it . . ." and IN FRONT OF FOLKS WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN IT!

09a583e9a205f6e0d4bc9f9895d02de5.gif

Reaction Score
You ask some interesting question, I except you to answer them after the game
Nika Muhl is the Fibergit that lights up a court and you breath a sigh that she is on YOUR team. She does the things no one else will do. She often is the toughest physically and mentally on the floor.
The point is: Nika is the player, she is. At some point she has to be accepted for just being NIKA and what she brings to the program. You can bet your golden bippy, Geno does.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Full article reporting on pre game presser. Nika is the clear leader.

I found this quote incredibly wise. I am not sure I ever heard it put this way before

"When you call people out, you’re actually calling yourself out because then you can’t make the same mistakes or people are gonna look at you crazy," Mühl said. "So I feel like just that part, trying to be as much responsible and like 'stand behind your words' I feel like that has been the biggest change for me."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Full article reporting on pre game presser. Nika is the clear leader.

I found this quote incredibly wise. I am not sure I ever heard it put this way before

"When you call people out, you’re actually calling yourself out because then you can’t make the same mistakes or people are gonna look at you crazy," Mühl said. "So I feel like just that part, trying to be as much responsible and like 'stand behind your words' I feel like that has been the biggest change for me."

I would expect no other words than those for herself in holding herself to the high standards she expects from her team. Tough body, tough mind. Wherever she is regarded by "fans" Uconn needs her spark, Paige gave a bit of it, but few have lit up the skies (court) as Nika does, she makes things happen.
Geno, for decades harped on that ---when you get in--make something happen, a basket, a steal, a defensive stop, something---SOMEthing is Nika's middle name.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom