Why Aidan Mahaney could replace Cam Spencer as fan favorite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why Aidan Mahaney could replace Cam Spencer as fan favorite

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope Aidan Mahaney can live up to Mahoney's standard.
I don't know, Mahaney's no Mahoney.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love Mahaney’s attitude. He wants coaches and a style of play that is demanding.

He’s excited about the complexity of UConn’s offense and learning from Luke. He’s excited about UConn’s defense and learning from Kimani.

The aspect of Aidan’s character that most excites me is he wants a challenge. He wants the intensity and drive that exists in our program. He understands what we do and is hungry for it.

There are a lot of players with talent that would be uncomfortable in UConn’s environment. Cam thrived in it. I believe Aidan will as well. What was remarkable about Cam was how quickly he picked up the playbook. He was ready immediately. Tristen needed more than half his first season before he adapted. I would say Tristen’s progression would be more typical for a transfer. Cam’s adaptation was incredible and not typical.

Purely a guess but I get the impression Aidan is a quick learner.

Reaction Score
Guess I have to say something, being the resident Aidan-at-St. Mary's-and-Campolindo guy...

Truth is, I have no idea. He is hyper-competitive and a true team guy, and I appreciate the challenge he's taking... But I have zero idea is he's quite as talented as many seem to think. I sure hope so, though...

Reaction Score
Guess I have to say something, being the resident Aidan-at-St. Mary's-and-Campolindo guy...

Truth is, I have no idea. He is hyper-competitive and a true team guy, and I appreciate the challenge he's taking... But I have zero idea is he's quite as talented as many seem to think. I sure hope so, though...
We're all taking shots from Hurley's piss bottle and permanently drunk in here so you better join in.

Reaction Score
My feeling is that we are more excited about Aidan after his commitment than we were about Cam right after he committed. Part of that is realizing the similarities between the two athletes and recognizing what cam did for us, and hoping Aidan can fill a similar role. No pressure!!

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_0843.jpeg
    IMG_0843.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 16

CL82

Reaction Score

Don't worry, I'm sure Aidan will do fine Mrs. Mahaney.

Reaction Score
Great last name for a potential NIL deal with Haines. Ma-Haines-ey. If he ups his game to another level - which I fully anticipate will happen; this kid's a stud - maybe we see something there. Like Sanago/Sunoco.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm not going to start comparing him to anybody until I see him play in a UConn uniform with the rest of the team. IF he stays 2 years and he is 75% of Cam in year one- wait for year 2!!

Reaction Score
Mahaney will be facing much better teams in the big east.. Cam was able to make the jump from the big 10 to the big east ..I think Mahaney will also

Reaction Score
Aiden has a lot of work to do to match Cam's legacy! But, I hope he at least comes close!

Reaction Score
I'm not going to start comparing him to anybody until I see him play in a UConn uniform with the rest of the team. IF he stays 2 years and he is 75% of Cam in year one- wait for year 2!!
I think the beauty of this signing.

CL82

Reaction Score
Great last name for a potential NIL deal with Haines. Ma-Haines-ey. If he ups his game to another level - which I fully anticipate will happen; this kid's a stud - maybe we see something there. Like Sanago/Sunoco.
Can't. Competing with Coach Hurley's underwear deal is probably uncool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom