Who's your MVP so far on this team?

MVP so far...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So given that we don't have another game till Dec 19, 7 games into the season so far who is your MVP?

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
When game-planning for UConn, the first and foremost priority for any opponent will always be how to defend Stewie. She makes everything go, even when she's on the bench other coaches are worried about her. I don't know that you can accurately gauge an MVP 7 games into a season, but when you have a player that's better than everyone she plays against makes every team have to adjust to what she does, its hard to say she's not the MVP.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It's a little early for me especially since it appears that everybody participates, working very hard in these games. And a lot of what they do you don't see on the stat sheet

Reaction Score
I think the MVP is THE Team! As great as Stewie is, this year it appears we need contributions from all 5 starters. For instance, Stokes was instrumental on the defensive end with her blocks at ND. Nurse with her calmness under fire while pushing the tempo. MoJett with her steals. KML with her deadly 3 point array. And Stewie all over the offensive zone.

Reaction Score
1. Stewart

2. Tuck

3.Nurse

Stewart changes opposition schemes on both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
I voted Nurse but honestly you can make a case for a few players. Just her ability to drive to the basket time and time again changes how teams guard us and forces them to give Nurse a lane or KML a 3. Hartley was amazing but not the driver like nurse, pribally the best guard driver since Renee Montgomery.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it's been surprisingly balanced. Stewie is the biggest key, as Miami said, she is the one who draws the attention of the other team. She gets double-teamed and more. But Stewie has had some off-games by her standards. Kaleena has generally played well. She also gets a ton of defensive attention. Moriah has done well, with a couple of exceptions. I think Kia Nurse has been the most consistent; she and Morgan have been the biggest surprises. I'm undecided, but I'll give strong consideration to Captain Morgan.

Reaction Score
It will always be for this team.
1/KML
2/Stewie
3/Mojeff
4/Kia
5/Kiah Stoke

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nurse has played amazingly well, especially for a frosh, but she is a long way from being the most valuable player on the team. I can see why one might be carried away by the unexpected contribution she has made, but let's be realistic here.

Reaction Score
I'm still amazed that a couple of posters on this thread expounded on many of our great players and yet didn't mention Morgan. Before the season started we all wondered if she would be healthy and if so, just how good could she be. That Notre Dame game was no fluke-she is the REAL DEAL-and by that I mean big time AA level. I know we are loaded, I should say LOADED with talent, but surely no one can pass over Morgan when talking about the top couple of players for UCONN!!

Go Huskies and can 12/19 please get here a bit quicker!!!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
HuskyPhan said:
I'm still amazed that a couple of posters on this thread expounded on many of our great players and yet didn't mention Morgan. Before the season started we all wondered if she would be healthy and if so, just how good could she be. That Notre Dame game was no fluke-she is the REAL DEAL-and by that I mean big time AA level. I know we are loaded, I should say LOADED with talent, but surely no one can pass over Morgan when talking about the top couple of players for UCONN!!

Go Huskies and can 12/19 please get here a bit quicker!!!!

look again. she has been mentioned more than once..oh and check the poll results

Reaction Score
So given that we don't have another game till Dec 19, 7 games into the season so far who is your MVP?
Nothing wrong with passing time between games with polls etc and no attack here, but I find it hard to use the MVP label on a UCONN team this early in the season. This being because they are exactly that a TEAM. Match ups are what determine who will be the shining star on a given night. Geno is still shuffling the parts a bit.
Without trying to change the direction of your post what I look at with your list is who would we miss the most if they had to sit out a game vs a top opponent. I have to go with Stewie ..........

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow 71 people have registered an opinion so far. I'm impressed! I figured maybe 20 would be interested in voting...

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
It's Kia Nurse whose veteran play is allowing us to be who we are today!!!! My girl Morgan is moving into that spot as we speak!!!!! I love that we are having this discussion. Obviously, having Stewie & Kml allow the others a better opportunity to do there thing!!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Stewie is obviously are best player- but maybe we're looking for the player who has exceeded expectations!!!! Nurse then Tuck then Stokes/Chong!!!!

Reaction Score
Based on the competition's reaction to their gravitational field, it's very close between Kaleena and Breanna...mostly a function of how the other teams match up. Given those reactions, we've seem Kia and Morgan make 'em pay, with Kiah in the last game doing what we know she's capable of when the spirit moves her.

Reaction Score
Since you can only vote for one player, I didn't vote. It's a tie between Morgan Tuck and Kia Nurse. I understand that the double and triple teaming of Breanna opens things up for the others. However, it wasn't until Morgan and Kia entered the starting lineup that the Huskies began to jell. It also took pressure off Kiah Stokes who has been absolutely sensational off the bench.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I voted for Morgan but I really think Stewie is IT! Make sense of that...if you can. I can't. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom