Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
image.jpg
This would be my least favorite team
they are from upstate New York

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BCU has destroyed our football program by relegating UConn to the AAC. It is hard to hate anyone else as much.

I don't hate Notre Dame at all, but most of their fans are insufferable douches. A majority of Notre Dame fans have absolutely no rational connection to Notre Dame other than that they jumped on a bandwagon decades ago. It is bad enough that these are shameless bandwagon fans, but it is even worse that they are condescending and obnoxious about college football in general, as if their decision to jump on the Notre Dame bandwagon gave them some sort of moral football superiority.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Notre Lame. A distant second is Ohio State. I used to like BS College because they were largely irrelevant in the old Big East, but Father Lie-hy and his mendacious duplicity are enough to put them in the same category with Ohio State. I also despise Oliver Luck and his Mountie-neers for the same reason.

Reaction Score
Yes I hate BC (pretty much the entire ACC outside of GT) and Syracuse, but the team I absolutely cannot stand is Alabama. Between Satan and it's ridiculous fan base thinking that Alabama is the greatest thing since the 85 Bears, I just can't turn the channel fast enough. Plus Saban is one of those coaches that seems to always try to skew the rules in his favor, a la banning the spread/hurry up for "safety reason" and only playing other P5 teams so his school can keep the money.

Reaction Score
ND. Not even close.

BC: I hate the AD and what he did to us. But their program rarely comes to mind at all.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
For full disclosure, I grew up in the 60s and 70s considering ND and Penn St as the Northeast's flag bearers for d1 football -- I might've been 20 before I realized ND is in Indiana. Hating on both of them is a recent, learned behavior.

Ask this question on the BB board and you'd see a lot more Duke mentions...

Reaction Score
BC. Distant 2nd is Rutgers and Syracuse 3rd. I guess I smile a little when Maryland loses as well :)

Our biggest/oldest "rival" seems to be UMASS, maybe the 2016/17 series will reignite the compassion?

Reaction Score
FSU belongs on this list too, was vocal to keep UConn out of AAC. Another very dirty program at a community college with a scumbag coach. Would be a very easy transition for them and Louisville to the B12 or SEC.

Reaction Score
1. Rutgers/Syracuse. This one's a fun kind of hate. It comes from me growing up a fan of UConn Football. All three programs have been relatively equal since UConn joined the Big East in the mid 2000s. It has everything to do with the regional nature of the games against them. It felt like a win over these two programs meant more than beating anyone else. I hate these two teams more than BC because we actually play those teams regularly and got to interact with their fans as a result.

2. The SEC. This one comes from me being a fan of college football in general. This hate is a mixture of jealousy, overexposure and the 'professionalism' of the programs down there. To the last point, I mean that they are less concerned with their football athletes being students and more concerned with playing the best football at any cost. I don't think it's the spirit of the sport to value winning over all else. No program is 'pure' nor do I expect any to be, but it seems as if schools like Auburn or Tennessee who take a lot of academically questionable but talented guys are doing things "the wrong way" so to speak.
The SEC schools to me are football factories and not institutions. I recognize the generalizations i'm making here, but the sentiment still stands.

3. Michigan. This hatred comes from my Notre Dame allegiance. The regional nature of the game and similarity between the programs and institutions are the main factors in my hatred. The programs are historically equal and both have woven into their narratives the idea that playing for them is more than wins (they both think they are special.) A win for ND over Michigan is an affirmation that 'Hey, we do what you do BETTER than you.'
It's a unfortunate casualty of business that this series is on a long hiatus.

Reaction Score
1. BC
2. Syracuse
3. Michigan
4. Pitt
5. Notre Dame
6. Ohio State
7. Miami, Fla.
8. Louisville
9. Maryland
10. Iowa

Losses by these 10 teams tend to put a smile on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom