Who's your list for next HC? | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
I think 2 MM base salary with incentives to get to 3+ with the 3MM assistant pool would attract a lot of people.
Have you seen their offense?

Pass
Do you want to win or just see an offense that puts the ball in the air! But to answer your question yes and stats show they have passed the ball on 36% of their plays.

Reaction Score
Do you want to win or just see an offense that puts the ball in the air! But to answer your question yes and stats show they have passed the ball on 36% of their plays.
I don't care how you put points on the board but you have to score points if you want to win football games nowadays.

to put it into perspective, in 2003 if you scored 30ppg you had the #28 offense in the country

if you scored 30ppg in 2020 you'd be #51.

Reaction Score
I don't care how you put points on the board but you have to score points if you want to win football games nowadays.

to put it into perspective, in 2003 if you scored 30ppg you had the #28 offense in the country

We all need to understand, all the rule changes in football have been to benefit offense in scoring. We keep going counter trend with guys that think they can win 10-7, games. Well they manage score 10, but holding teams to 7 has been a problem.

Reaction Score
... as long as we are pointing out modern football: the CFB status quo and horizon is full of QBs that were starting or 4/5 stars at major programs and now start (and are playing great) at lower tier programs. URI has two. We saw the guy at Fresno. on and on. You need to have an open mind and have your staff monitoring and connectivity with lots of possibilities.

Reaction Score
Please, no more Spanos talk. The last quarter of the Yale game was the most cowardly-coached football quarter I have ever seen, all phases. Illegal substitution on last play. Players just standing around looking at each other after big chunk plays by Yale. Offense running directly into brick walls until 3rd down where they throw to routes no where near the marker. Seems like a nice guy but he’s completely in over his head.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
HCLS gave ADB, D plenty to look at today and it wasn't pretty.

Coaches put up a turd of a plan last 25 minutes. No worries for us fans seeing any of today's coaches on UConn's sidelines next season.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Please, no more Spanos talk. The last quarter of the Yale game was the most cowardly-coached football quarter I have ever seen, all phases. Illegal substitution on last play. Players just standing around looking at each other after big chunk plays by Yale. Offense running directly into brick walls until 3rd down where they throw to routes no where near the marker. Seems like a nice guy but he’s completely in over his head.
Play calling was pitiful. That was hard to watch. This team is not well coached.

Reaction Score
Absolutely no one from that staff should be retained. I don't care if they lose every committed player. I was high on the recruiting class but today more than ever showed we need to turn the page from this staff.

Reaction Score
Just goes to prove that we do not need to spend $3+ MM for a head coach. A $2MM salary and a $3MM assistant pool should bring a good list of candidates.
It really proves how Edsall was a bad hire especially not being in the college game for a couple of years after Maryland and they paid him that much… could’ve at least got a coach from conf USA or MAC

Reaction Score
How about a young offensive coordinator from Iowa who’s father
played here! played in NFL and spent a few years on Patriots staff before join his Dad at Iowa. He is going to need to step out of
Kirk’s shadow to advance his career.
Ferentz was captain of the team and all Yankee conference, and was a student assistant after he graduated.

Reaction Score
Since we like re-hiring coaches, how about Skip Holtz?

Just 57, and doing decently at Louisiana Tech (63-44 at La Tech, 151-115 overall). Who knows, he might want to return to Connecticut, and he might view the job here as a step up from Conference USA. [somewhat tongue-in-cheek, somewhat serious]

Reaction Score

Ferentz Jr is an excellent recruiter.

Reaction Score
Just goes to prove that we do not need to spend $3+ MM for a head coach. A $2MM salary and a $3MM assistant pool should bring a good list of candidates.
If a dam commuter school like Cincinnati can pony up $3.5 million for a head coach and a great one at that, then we can too. UConn and the state of Connecticut can’t screw up this hire, and they know it. If they get the guy Benedict wants, they can pay that easily. The payoff for the school and the state is enormous if they succeed. It wasn’t that long ago that everyone noted that Calhoun made more than the Governor and everyone on the Boneyard tried to justify it, now everyone on the Boneyard is all ot a sudden penny pinching.

Reaction Score
Absolutely no one from that staff should be retained. I don't care if they lose every committed player. I was high on the recruiting class but today more than ever showed we need to turn the page from this staff.
Hard to argue this....our players have enough talent to perform better than they did in the 2nd half after our 1st possession on offense, along with providing better defensive support/schemes in the 4th quarter against a running QB.

Reaction Score
If a dam commuter school like Cincinnati can pony up $3.5 million for a head coach and a great one at that, then we can too. UConn and the state of Connecticut can’t screw up this hire, and they know it. If they get the guy Benedict wants, they can pay that easily. The payoff for the school and the state is enormous if they succeed. It wasn’t that long ago that everyone noted that Calhoun made more than the Governor and everyone on the Boneyard tried to justify it, now everyone on the Boneyard is all ot a sudden penny pinching.
Yeah but they didn't start paying him the big bucks until after he proved he was a legit coach. You don't pay a coach that kind of money unless he's a proven winner at a P5 level, and that type of coach isn't coming here anytime soon. It's better for UConn to identify the right coach, spend theoney available to provide him the tools/resources they need to win, and once they are producing consistent winning seasons, open up the check book to keep them or use the buyout money to get the next coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom