Who's Starting | The Boneyard

Who's Starting

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO the Big 3 will start Lou Phessa and Dangerfield. I also see Walker starting and becoming a huge part of this team. We need to start another guard and Coombs Bent Gordon and Williams will get time. ONO and Willams will be developed this season as they are our future. Both had been ranked number 1 out of HS.

Now our first 3 games 2 of which are exhibition are fairly easy. We will get a good idea of who will be seeing alot of playtime after those games. Up until the ND game the development of our underclassman is very important before traveling to ND. Camara and ONO will show us where they are and how ready they are to compete against ND. I expect in the first 3 games or so to see alot of different teammates see action to prove themselves. The top 7-8 will play against ND.

Remember next season we need to replace Lou and Phessa in the starting lineup. Meg ONO and Christyn are our future and Geno will need to have them ready for later this season and the next few seasons.

So the only starting position that I feel is open is another guard position and a guard coming off the bench. November will be a month where players show the coaching staff what they have and what they need to work on to get better and depending on that they will decide who will make the top 7-8.

Reaction Score
Williams imho will be the fifth starter, agree with your other 4 TC

If Practice vocal confidence translates into game confidence she shall be the 5th starter. Think what that means? She has the potential, if translated confidence is seen in games, to be the next Maya/DT/Rene/Moriah--really big big shoes to fill. Is that even minutely close to being a fact?
I think TonyC's assertion that these games in November shall show the REAL CW, ONO, Walker, Coombs, Gordon, Molly, Irwin and Camara--a lot of untested players.

Reaction Score
My starting 5 are:
PG Crystal Dangerfield
SG Megan
SF KLS
PF Pheesa
C Batouly

First bigs off the bench ONO or Irwin
First G off the bench CWilliams

Reaction Score
At this point I think it depends on Walker. If she can be even half of what Gabby Williams was, then Christyn Williams gets the start. If Walker isn’t a reliable frontcourt option, then they need another player on the glass and in the paint on defense—Batouly gets it in that case. Then again who knows? Maybe we’ll all be shocked come tip off.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think the starting 5 will be:
Christyn
Crystal
Lou
Megan
Napheesa
Additional 3:
Batouly
Mikayla
Olivia

*I just listed them in alphabetical order.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom