Who's ready for rain? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's ready for rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Attendance is going to be bad regardless of the weather. This game is for the diehards. I, too, LOVE bad weather games. I've been waiting an eternity to put on the navy blue rain gear and drink morning brews in the cold rain. Not to mention, a cold, damp field will give us an advantage to defense Scott Frost's lightning fast offense.

LET IT RAIN!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The worst rain game by far was the last time UCF was in town in 2014. 41 degrees and the rain intensity hovered somewhere between stead and downpour. It took two days for my bones to escape the chill. I remember I wore my new UConn pullover that my wife got me for our anniversary that year. I thought it was water resistant. I found out by midway through the first quarter that it is decidedly not. My group was pretty much the only knuckleheads left in our section. The USF game in the mid -00s was fun because I wore my golf gear. Once the rain stopped, it was rather enjoyable (beating the #2 team in the country helped) and I didn't even notice the rain during the Louisville "Fair Catch" game.

A cold rain is the worst condition to play in if you are not used to it and even worse to stand there watching it. I'd rather watch a game in snow. Alas, I've lost about 35-40 lbs. so I can fit into my rain gear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom