Who's ready for rain? | The Boneyard

Who's ready for rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really love bad weather games. Especially if there is a chill in the air.

Forecasts are for 60% chance of rain with temps at 53 degrees and winds about 17 MPH.

Bring it on.

Let the skies open like the USF game way back when.

Reaction Score

Forecasts are for 60% chance of rain with temps at 53 degrees and winds about 17 MPH.

Bring it on.

If I remember correctly I think I got pretty wet the last time we played UCF at the Rent in 2014. Bring it on.

Reaction Score
Actually, two years ago UCF had a bone chilling rain fall on them when they came up here. They had a good record going in to the game, but it was clear early on they didnt want to play in this weather.

Reaction Score
NO NO NO. Attendance is bad enough.

My avatar could strip at half time and attendance would still be low. (Except maybe for a certain fan base, other than FB....:)).

Sorry but it had to be said, and frankly after the CR outcome, my goal is to offend every non football fan base that I can.

Reaction Score

Bring it on.

That was 2014 in Tampa at USF. I was front row because there was nearly noone in attendance. That was insane rain. A B.Jones pick 6 couldn't give us the win. Hoping for better moving forward.

Reaction Score
That was 2014 in Tampa at USF. I was front row because there was nearly noone in attendance. That was insane rain. A B.Jones pick 6 couldn't give us the win. Hoping for better moving forward.

I know the game you are talking about where we stopped passing and ran a gazillion times.

I'm talking about the USF home game where the skies opened up in beyond torrential rain and the crowd went nuts. We had a triple back to back to back rain games with I think UL, USF and then the Rutgers game where it rained a ton and stopped just before the game but it was cold as all hell.

They were "real football fan" weather games. :cool:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I want to see rain- we haven't had a rain game in awhile. Let it pour. The reality is we're probably going to have 25K there anyway (if we're lucky) so.

Reaction Score
Actually, two years ago UCF had a bone chilling rain fall on them when they came up here. They had a good record going in to the game, but it was clear early on they didnt want to play in this weather.

I stayed to the final bell. Was just about the most miserable I have ever been at a game (and I go to Lambeau in January). Let's not have a repeat of that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think Scott Frost was talking about that this week. He mentioned that at Oregon, they loved playing cold weather games against the warm weather teams in CA and AZ and considered it an advantage. He indicated that he now has one of those warm weather teams and was hoping they could adjust.

I like our chances with a cold rain.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Bring on the mud, and let Arkeel loose. All game. He deserves to play every offensive down unless HE asks for a breather.

Reaction Score
Since it's homecoming, I'm not super worried about attendance. Every home game is must win to go bowling so BRING ON THE RAIN!

Reaction Score
I stayed to the final bell. Was just about the most miserable I have ever been at a game (and I go to Lambeau in January). Let's not have a repeat of that.

Yep. It didn't rain as hard as it did against Ville in 07 but that was the single most miserable weather game I've ever been to at the Rent.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The worstest rain game was against RU back 2003-2005 timeframe.

Rained and it was about 40 degrees. O believe D Brown started at QB that game.

Miserable weather. Very good tailgating with @Waquoit.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Well I mostly block out the PP era… There was a really horrible rain game a few years back… All I can remember is standing at the top of the lower bowl in the wind blowing the rain into the crowd huddled there…

Reaction Score
I need it to rain. I need it to rain heavily in Cheshire. My boys have a championship fall ball game at 2. I'll have to leave at halftime if the baseball game is played. Let it RAIN!!!

Reaction Score
I know the game you are talking about where we stopped passing and ran a gazillion times.

I'm talking about the USF home game where the skies opened up in beyond torrential rain and the crowd went nuts. We had a triple back to back to back rain games with I think UL, USF and then the Rutgers game where it rained a ton and stopped just before the game but it was cold as all hell.

They were "real football fan" weather games. :cool:

Scott Lutrus with a huge game saving tackle in that USF game. USF was top 5 I believe although they were just coming off a loss and the rankings hadn't been updated.

Reaction Score
Could be an interesting day for kicking. By the way. We'll be running a lot. In case you were wondering. :rolleyes:

• RealFeel®: 42°
  • Winds: 20 mph W
  • Gusts: 28 mph

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The worstest rain game was against RU back 2003-2005 timeframe.
Rained and it was about 40 degrees. [/USER].

That was miserable. Nevermore rain for me than at the Tulane game last year but at least it wasn't cold.

Reaction Score
I hope it doesn't rain. I've been in Cincinnati since Weds night and it has been raining non stop. It's depressing. Need to see some sun.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I hope it doesn't rain. I've been in Cincinnati since Weds night and it has been raining non stop. It's depressing. Need to see some sun.
Channel 3 Saturday forecast just had moderate to steady rain all morning until just after 1PM EST.

It will be a wet tailgate for sure.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Rain? Bah.

I was at the Clemson - ND game last year. Now THAT is rain!

Anything that makes the sunshine kids unhappy tomorrow makes me happy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was miserable. Nevermore rain for me than at the Tulane game last year but at least it wasn't cold.
I was at Tulane...the locals left it was so bad. 7-3 barn burner.

Blue White kid (Dale) was white kid before half.

Tulane was straight monsoon weather but as Waquoit said, it was probably close to 70 degrees.

As for Bonehead, it's thought o say Tulane fans left when they barely showed up.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Tulane was a mere sprinkle next to South Carolina that weekend - trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom