Who's proud of these kids? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's proud of these kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It could have been so easy for this team to hang their heads or be satisfied with what they accomplished throughout the year, despite the postseason ban. But no, they never quit.

This team will always have a special place in my heart.

Reaction Score
I think this is one of the most likeable groups of kids we've had here. You have to respect how hard they play. But the more that I think about that, the more it's not that surprising. The kids who stayed were the kids who were playing with heart and complete loyalty to Uconn and to what Uconn has given them. Of course they were going to play hard every game.

I think Calhoun found a gem of a coach in KO. We'll challenge for a national title again with him as Head Coach, without question. If everyone returns, we'll challenge next season.

Reaction Score
I think this is one of the most likeable groups of kids we've had here. You have to respect how hard they play. But the more that I think about that, the more it's not that surprising. The kids who stayed were the kids who were playing with heart and complete loyalty to Uconn and to what Uconn has given them. Of course they were going to play hard every game.

I think Calhoun found a gem of a coach in KO. We'll challenge for a national title again with him as Head Coach, without question. If everyone returns, we'll challenge next season.

Excellent observation. It was the never give up attitude that made them stay, and it was the same never give up attitude, that made them win 20 games.

Reaction Score
Absolutely an all time team. So proud of them! Shabazz will go down as a bigger legend than Khalid! This team is so huge. In face of massive adversity they held heads up high and showed Husky Pride.
Challenging to do anything but celebrate the team's heart, but somehow our first NCAA National Championship team's PG may hold some sway over 'bazz. And, I say that with absolutely no disrespect for the latter's phenomenal accomplishments and hope he'll return next season to lead the Huskies to # 4.

As for the post-game pictures, the smirk on Giffey's face may be a hint of some upcoming foul shots. On the other hand, RJ Evans appears a bit reluctant to watch. All joking aside, kudos to the entire team for their successes on the court and in the classroom and to the coaches for inspiring a special season.

My current avatar's message to the NCAA, and to the C7 schools which feared facing UConn in the BET. Next year this time ... Go UConn!

Reaction Score
There was a lot fight these kids this year & they found ways to win.

... and they sent Syracuse to the ACC with a taste of UConn in their mouths! Ha!

Reaction Score
It's amazing what this team accomplished this year. I applaud them. They were only really blown up in 1 game with a healthy starting 5 (louisville). Should have beaten Marquette and Gtown. Just an amazing season. Can't wait till next year.

Reaction Score
Always been proud to call myself a UConn fan. Never more so than this season, and never, ever more so than today.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Could not be prouder of this team, from the head coach down to the walk-ons. The face more adversity than any team in recent memory, and came through with a season to remember forever. Love these kids.
Amazing that in one short season, a program led for 2 decades by one of the greatest coaches in the history of the college game already has his successor's stamp on it!

Reaction Score
For me this team is on par with our championship teams. I really love what they accomplished with all the adversity and hate. No excuses. They played for the name on the jersey, and I'm a very proud alum. I will remember this team for giving everything they had, and at the end they left nothing in the tank. Thank you

Attachments

• BE8Oes7CMAEguuF.jpg-large.jpeg
    BE8Oes7CMAEguuF.jpg-large.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 36
Reaction Score
I really admire their dedication to represent the name on the jerseys proudly, even though the postseason ban meant less exposure to enhance their individual pro prospects. I also appreciated the spirit of cooperation (and lack of blame) among the players, even though the strength of the team was clearly "lopsided" toward the perimeter players.

They're loyal. Even though they're not a senior-laden team, they come off as a group that's invested in the tradition and legacy of UConn. That makes them a pleasure to watch.

Bravo, Kevin Ollie, for bringing such a positive tone to the program in his first season as HC.

Reaction Score
What you all have already said!

To me the season was exemplfied by energy in today's overtime. Team was sucking wind, playing hurt, and took defense and rebounding to whoever it was that we played today and found a way to win. We wanted it more than the other guys by a lot.

Great demonstration of character of players, coaching staff and head coach.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's amazing what this team accomplished this year. I applaud them. They were only really blown up in 1 game with a healthy starting 5 (louisville). Should have beaten Marquette and Gtown. Just an amazing season. Can't wait till next year.
Actually one of the Louisville players crushed SN towards the end of the first half. UConn went into the locker with the lead. But second half he couldn't shoot or dribble with the shoulder injury. So in effect RB was the only ball handler in that half in which the team was out played. The injury carried into the Pitt game. I wanted to beat Pitt badly. GT was the sprained ankle in which SN hobbled the entire second half and the injury carried into the Cincy and USF game. Five of the losses can be attributed to SN being injured. And then there was the Marquette loss..........:mad:

Reaction Score
I think the question is, who's not proud this team.
Never gave an inch.
Fought through it all.
Gave it all every minute of every game.
Put me down, I'm proud of these guys. And to be a Huskie fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom