Who's Heading to ATL for First Road Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's Heading to ATL for First Road Game?

Reaction Score
Great attitude.
I understand the frustration as the AD has to do better. But if you want to support the team you have to just figure out a way if you can make it to away games. This year JMU, BC and Umass for me. Not sure how I will get actual tickets but will be in building.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Not necessarily true. Go to the Georgia St website and look for tickets there.

I got tickets in Section 131 from the Ga St website. Also, no service fees, no taxes, no processing fees.
This is the way. Parking is as much as a ticket but c'est la vie.

Also it's not like a "normal" stadium. The visitors section is tiny.

Reaction Score
Just found out that Away Tickets are available only to ST holders. So if I live close and want to go to an Away game I’ll not be able to sit in the UCONN section.

They are looking for support, then make tickets not available.

I even asked if they don’t sell out will the offer some. No.

I won’t bother going ever again.
That's strange because I had the same issue and eventually bought through GSU and then the very next day they became available on the UConn website and I am not a Season Ticket Holder. I then got my tickets to the Tennessee game through UConn.

Reaction Score
Great attitude.
So I gotta drive 3 hours, sit with a bunch of TN fans, when I want to pay for 4 tickets to sit in UCONN section - and I’m prohibited.

I could see them releasing tickets to the public after a certain date - if available.

Just to ban people, who live 1,000 miles away, who are not ST holders is crazy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is the way. Parking is as much as a ticket but c'est la vie.

Also it's not like a "normal" stadium. The visitors section is tiny.

If the seating charts are correct, it's only 12-13 rows for any of the sections on the visiting side.

Reaction Score
It's definitely a weird stadium, it's the old Turner Field. The Braves played there for like 20 years

Reaction Score
It's definitely a weird stadium, it's the old Turner Field. The Braves played there for like 20 years
Do you know much about the history of the stadium? Why did they decrease attendance from 49K to 24K when they renovated it for football? Is it a good place to watch football since it was once used for baseball?

Reaction Score
Do you know much about the history of the stadium? Why did they decrease attendance from 49K to 24K when they renovated it for football? Is it a good place to watch football since it was once used for baseball?
It's Georgia State football, they weren't ever getting 49K fans to show up. They're not even filling the 24K they have now

Reaction Score
It's Georgia State football, they weren't ever getting 49K fans to show up. They're not even filling the 24K they have now
I understand but it must have cost extra money to tear down stands unless cheaper than maintenance. I just saw that the football team just started playing in 2010 so not much history to base attendance figures.

Reaction Score
I understand but it must have cost extra money to tear down stands unless cheaper than maintenance. I just saw that the football team just started playing in 2010 so not much history to base attendance figures.
If you look at a birdseye view it will make more sense, I think. From what I saw, they didn't tear down the old stands but built a new, smaller stand in front of one of the outfield stands. Can't remember which side, but there are thousands of the old baseball seats just sitting, unused, directly behind one of the sidelines.

Having seen a Liverpool game at Fenway from just shy of the Pesky Pole, it's better to reduce capacity and have the seats better mirror the shape of the field than have the otherwise weird sight lines and seats that are super far away.

Reaction Score
If you look at a birdseye view it will make more sense, I think. From what I saw, they didn't tear down the old stands but built a new, smaller stand in front of one of the outfield stands. Can't remember which side, but there are thousands of the old baseball seats just sitting, unused, directly behind one of the sidelines.

Reaction Score
I may be at the game but won’t get there until Saturday. Does MARTA have a stop near stadium?
Marta is not much of an option, unless you’re looking to walk about 1 Mile each way. This isn’t an area of town that I would spend any time in.

Marta works Airport to downtown/midtown hotels. Rider share to and from stadium.

Reaction Score
Originally, it was Centennial Olympic Stadium (1996) seating 85,000. Following the Olympics, it became Turner Field seating approx 49k. Attended many games in TF but none at the newish home of my alma mater.

Reaction Score
Marta is not much of an option, unless you’re looking to walk about 1 Mile each way. This isn’t an area of town that I would spend any time in.

Marta works Airport to downtown/midtown hotels. Rider share to and from stadium.
Thanks for the info. I don't mind walking but the wife does not share my opinion especially if the area is sketchy.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I don't mind walking but the wife does not share my opinion especially if the area is sketchy.
A big BY thanks to your wife. UConn needs all it’s fans healthy (you knucklehead).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom