Who's Heading to ATL for First Road Game? | The Boneyard

Who's Heading to ATL for First Road Game?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For those Huskies fans living in the south, perfect opportunity to show up and support UConn.

Atlanta is an easy trip from the northeast and a Saturday might game makes travel logistically easy.

Georgia St only seats 25k.

Looks like some opportunities for some local breweries and eateries near the stadium plus some easy tailgating lots.

Rhody put up 35 points and 500 yards of offense.

A more dynamic offense is there for the taking.

JPV

Reaction Score
My name is JP Valenti. I am a proud UConn Alumni (06) and an avid Huskies Fan. I am the Event Manager one of Atlanta’s largest sports bars and venue spaces called the IVY Buckhead (Sports Bar Atlanta | Buckhead Restaurant).

As the Huskies hit the road to face Georgia State on Saturday the 9th, I thought it be cool to do a meet up or mixer in the city the Friday before game for the fans traveling in and for local alumni. I could designate an entire bar or set aside some space for anyone traveling in to town for the game and do drink/food specials.

Reply to this post so I can gauge interest or you can email me at jp@theivybuckhead.com

Thank you all. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
My name is JP Valenti. I am a proud UConn Alumni (06) and an avid Huskies Fan. I am the Event Manager one of Atlanta’s largest sports bars and venue spaces called the IVY Buckhead (Sports Bar Atlanta | Buckhead Restaurant).

As the Huskies hit the road to face Georgia State on Saturday the 9th, I thought it be cool to do a meet up or mixer in the city the Friday before game for the fans traveling in and for local alumni. I could designate an entire bar or set aside some space for anyone traveling in to town for the game and do drink/food specials.

Reply to this post so I can gauge interest or you can email me at jp@theivybuckhead.com

At least he’s not inviting us to his condo complex.

Reaction Score

Great idea. Unfortunately, we won't get to town until early Saturday afternoon.
Do you have any suggestions for a place to eat before the game near the stadium?

JPV

Reaction Score
Great idea. Unfortunately, we won't get to town until early Saturday afternoon.
Do you have any suggestions for a place to eat before the game near the stadium?
The area where the stadium is, isn’t the best area of Atlanta to be honest. It’s Downtown. There are some good restaurants there; but most people who travel in will go to Buckhead, Midtown, Inman Park, Atlantic Station or the Battery for restaurants. Because the vibe is better. There are plenty of good eateries and bars in these part of town.

Reaction Score

I have 6 going to the game. I will send you an email after I talk to the rest of the group. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
The area where the stadium is, isn’t the best area of Atlanta to be honest. It’s Downtown. There are some good restaurants there; but most people who travel in will go to Buckhead, Midtown, Inman Park, Atlantic Station or the Battery for restaurants. Because the vibe is better. There are plenty of good eateries and bars in these part of town.
I lived in Sandy Springs many years ago and have visited over the years so I know some of the areas about which you speak but don't have a feel for traffic we might face on a Saturday evening.

We'll be staying with my niece and her husband in Sandy Springs and she just moved there about six months ago so I'm not sure what she'll recommend. The thought of stadium food for dinner isn't really appealing unless you tell me they have good food. She took us to a Hawks game in February and that was something special. Corporate seats (about $275 per) with access to the food court and open bar under the preferred seating. Somehow I don't think Ga State will offer that......

What are Atlantic Station and the Battery and how far are they from the stadium?

We don't want to miss Brewton returning the kickoff for a touchdown.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I lived in Sandy Springs many years ago and have visited over the years so I know some of the areas about which you speak but don't have a feel for traffic we might face on a Saturday evening.

We'll be staying with my niece and her husband in Sandy Springs and she just moved there about six months ago so I'm not sure what she'll recommend. The thought of stadium food for dinner isn't really appealing unless you tell me they have good food. She took us to a Hawks game in February and that was something special. Corporate seats (about $275 per) with access to the food court and open bar under the preferred seating. Somehow I don't think Ga State will offer that......

What are Atlantic Station and the Battery and how far are they from the stadium?

We don't want to miss Brewton returning the kickoff for a touchdown.

Look at Georgia Ave SE just east of the stadium. Looks like a whole block of mom and pop restaurants and a brewery.

Reaction Score
I may be at the game but won’t get there until Saturday. Does MARTA have a stop near stadium?

JPV

Reaction Score
I may be at the game but won’t get there until Saturday. Does MARTA have a stop near stadium?
Yes I believe the Peachtree Center station on the Gold Line and the Georgia State stop on the Blue Line

Reaction Score
For those Huskies fans living in the south, perfect opportunity to show up and support UConn.

Atlanta is an easy trip from the northeast and a Saturday might game makes travel logistically easy.

Georgia St only seats 25k.

Looks like some opportunities for some local breweries and eateries near the stadium plus some easy tailgating lots.

Rhody put up 35 points and 500 yards of offense.

A more dynamic offense is there for the taking.
I might go, depends on work. My daughter and granddaughter live right outside of Atlanta.

JPV

Reaction Score
The Ivy is a legit spot in Buckhead. I'd gladly be there as I'm in North Carolina just about 3.5 hours away, but I've got my wife's birthday that weekend. Hoping we put it on 'em.
Appreciate that! Happy Birthday to your wife.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have you contacted the UConn alumni club of Atlanta? I expect we will have 5-6k in attendance

Just want take sure I am reading this correctly. You think there will be somewhere between five people and six thousand people, correct?

You are not suggesting between five thousand and six thousand UConn fans attending the game on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Just found out that Away Tickets are available only to ST holders. So if I live close and want to go to an Away game I’ll not be able to sit in the UCONN section.

They are looking for support, then make tickets not available.

I even asked if they don’t sell out will the offer some. No.

I won’t bother going ever again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just found out that Away Tickets are available only to ST holders. So if I live close and want to go to an Away game I’ll not be able to sit in the UCONN section.

Not necessarily true. Go to the Georgia St website and look for tickets there.

I got tickets in Section 131 from the Ga St website. Also, no service fees, no taxes, no processing fees.

Reaction Score

Great attitude.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom