Whoever is running the American | The Boneyard

Whoever is running the American

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What a disgrace this tournament has been from a ticket pricing perspective.

Dumping seats on the secondary markets for pennies... until UConn makes a run and then they try to hold people up.

Way to have 4k empty seats for the semi-finals because you felt the need to gouge people.

The tickets don't even have a face value on them - so this wasn't a bug it was a feature.

Based on how the league runs it's tournament - safe to say things aren't going to improve any time soon - if they can't do easy things like this how can they do anything difficult.

American Rising. Ha. Amateur Hour.

Reaction Score
I agree. Bushleague.

How does a no name company like EASYSEAT weasel their way in to a conference tournament?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Isn't it just simple yield management? Airlines to it, hotels do it and now athletic departments and ticket companies are doing it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't it just simple yield management? Airlines to it, hotels do it and now athletic departments and ticket companies are doing it.

Yeah it's ok if they have the ability to do it correctly. Dynamic pricing works fine when administered by capable entities.

Reaction Score
Unreal. Told people who are trying to go tomorrow that the place was half empty. They say tomorrow's game is $85 for upper level. That's what I paid for the whole tourney. Such a joke.

Reaction Score
There really should be multiple ticket tiers with the nosebleed/upper levels being $20 or less. Ridiculous to not sell this place out because of $90-$150 ticket pricing.

Reaction Score
I can't believe that whaler has found something to complain about. Ugh.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Let me get this right:

UConn played a conference semi-final game in Hartford. There were 4k empty seats.

When I point out the conference is inept your complaint is about me?

There is no shortage of idiocy here.
You're not wrong. But I don't think too many people outside of this conference are going to notice there's 4k or however many empty seats. Does anyone on the east coast comment on the MWC or Horizon League having empty seats? Not really. If having a sellout was important to the league, they'd lower prices. It's not, so they didn't.

Reaction Score
Idiocy is not when one blogger makes an observation that another blogger has a tendency to complain about everything.... Take your pick...any topic.

You're brutal dude. We won. Enjoy life a little.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're not wrong. But I don't think too many people outside of this conference are going to notice there's 4k or however many empty seats. Does anyone on the east coast comment on the MWC or Horizon League having empty seats? Not really. If having a sellout was important to the league, they'd lower prices. It's not, so they didn't.

I'm offended as a businessperson. I'm annoyed as a fan of a program stuck in a conference which is clearly led by idiots.

I don't care what the perception is elsewhere - I know that nobody cares.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Idiocy is not when one blogger makes an observation that another blogger has a tendency to complain about everything.... Take your pick...any topic.

You're brutal dude. We won. Enjoy life a little.

I am critical of things that deserve criticism. A thousand apologies if that offends you.

If you want to be critical of me - perhaps find a topic where my criticism is unwarranted.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm offended as a businessperson. I'm annoyed as a fan of a program stuck in a conference which is clearly led by idiots.

I don't care what the perception is elsewhere - I know that nobody cares.
Educated guess: they have algorithms based on which teams advance that tell them where to price the tickets from the venue and in the reseller market. They have models to maximize profit and models to maximize attendance. Guess which model they used.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Educated guess: they have algorithms based on which teams advance that tell them where to price the tickets from the venue and in the reseller market. They have models to maximize profit and models to maximize attendance. Guess which model they used.

Pretty much any model that maximizes profit would maximize attendance.

If you've dealt with EASYSEAT at all... you would never assume they could even define algorithm, nevermind develop an effective one.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Most people have high definition 60 inch screens, a nice comfy lounge chair, lots of snacks and a free bar.They don't have to drive anywhere
and search for a parking space and can bullcrap on the internet about the game during timeouts. So, why would they expect people to pay Broadway prices when it so easy to stay home.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I thought 5 pm was a suck-ass time for a semifinal game.

But tomorrow...lol...is at 3:15!!

And that, folks, is #AmericanFail

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
TV dictated the game times. That one isn't their fault.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Personally, I like the earlier game times.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We have the former ACC tourney times after they took the old Big East tourney schedule and TV slots.

pj

Reaction Score
If they're trying to milk Hartford for a few extra dollars at the expense of alienating Connecticut residents, it just shows that they don't expect to be coming back here.

Which shows we're about to be invited to the B1G.

We should celebrate these outlandish prices!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I thought 5 pm was a suck-ass time for a semifinal game.

But tomorrow...lol...is at 3:15!!

And that, folks, is #AmericanFail
Saving the best for just about last! Some conference with a B1G logo starts at 3:30 isn't that the one we aspire to be in one day, hmmm????

Reaction Score
The ticket pricing system used by this conference is absolute bullshit. Thousands of empty seata because the "official reseller" is selling these tickets at 250% of their market value rather than selling them at a reasonable price.

Again, another reason why we need to get out of this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky