Who you would like to be the fifth starter in next game against Ohio State? | The Boneyard

Who you would like to be the fifth starter in next game against Ohio State?

Who you would like to be the fifth starter in next game against Ohio State?

• Anna Makurat

Votes: 147 79.0%
  • Aubrey Griffi

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Kyla Irwin

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • Molly Bent

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Evelyn Adebayo

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Anna starts, and I think she deserves to. BUT... The question was "who would you like to see start". I voted for Evelyn because she was recruited to be a post presence - probably to sub for Olivia in case of foul trouble or just to give her a breather.

Thus far, Evelyn hasn't been asked to do much of anything meaningful. I was hoping 4 years college experience would put her in a better position to get some real PT, but so far, nothing. BUT if she were to start, it would mean that she's really stepped up and is ready to contribute meaningful minutes this season.

Having said all that, thrilled Anna found her shooting touch - hope it continues. I think Aubrey has been just fantastic. And I'm so happy for Kyla - would love to see her continue to get meaningful minutes with the starters out there.

Reaction Score
This year we have a good benches. If you can who you would like to cheer as the 5th starter in next game?

Really? People sure have a short memory. Last game was the first game that the 4 core starters did not play pretty much the entire game and the rotation was pretty much 6 deep that some people were worried that the starters will be exhausted before the end of the calendar year. The VA game was a good game for the team, but it does not solve the short bench problem.

Reaction Score
Really? People sure have a short memory. Last game was the first game that the 4 core starters did not play pretty much the entire game and the rotation was pretty much 6 deep that some people were worried that the starters will be exhausted before the end of the calendar year. The VA game was a good game for the team, but it does not solve the short bench problem.

I think the bench is as short as Geno wants it to be.......................obviously during crunch time you need the starters on the floor but I noted that in the Temple game the team was way ahead and four of the five starters were still in the game with four minutes left......................that's why the Virginia game was a shocker to me.............

Reaction Score
I think Geno is still figuring out who can do what. He knows much more about what to expect from Kyla and Molly, and will not hestitate to play them. He wants to see as much from the other new guys as he can.

Reaction Score
I think the bench is as short as Geno wants it to be.......................obviously during crunch time you need the starters on the floor but I noted that in the Temple game the team was way ahead and four of the five starters were still in the game with four minutes left......................that's why the Virginia game was a shocker to me.............

I think some of that is Geno conditioning the starters to play tired. It's one thing to play when tired and another to execute when you are tired.

Reaction Score
Im gonna go with the player Geno picks. He knows best.
My first thought but you got here first so I agree. Geno will start who he thinks has earned it in practice for the most part. That and who may provide the best match up with the opponents starters or who he sees developing into that role. Personally could care less as I root for them all.
Geno the master potter just molding the clay at this point of the season. Having said that I have no problem with the OP's question though. Inquiring minds want to know .....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What Aubrey brings in defense, rebounding, and energy screams for her to come off the bench as she learns the UConn game watching during the start of the game and mentored by the coaches

Kyla has had a great run and brings alot but Anna has a much more diverse skill set. As Geno has said, Kyla is best when she understands her role and her role is coming off the bench and be a steadying influence with the younger bench players etc.

In truth, no one knows the limits of Anna's development and Geno is hell bent on finding out. Perhaps the next Sveta?

Reaction Score
I think Anna starts, and I think she deserves to. BUT... The question was "who would you like to see start". I voted for Evelyn because she was recruited to be a post presence - probably to sub for Olivia in case of foul trouble or just to give her a breather.

Thus far, Evelyn hasn't been asked to do much of anything meaningful. I was hoping 4 years college experience would put her in a better position to get some real PT, but so far, nothing. BUT if she were to start, it would mean that she's really stepped up and is ready to contribute meaningful minutes this season.

Having said all that, thrilled Anna found her shooting touch - hope it continues. I think Aubrey has been just fantastic. And I'm so happy for Kyla - would love to see her continue to get meaningful minutes with the starters out there.
All you say is on my wave length. I picked Ania (I now have the choice of 3) because she was a PRO in Europe and that gives her confidence and lack of fear of new crowds. She shall stabilize the kids without that experience by her play. ANIA. Griffin or Kyla wouldn't bother me at all. Geno sees them more than I --I'll gamble with his choice.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I's like it to be Stewie but it don't seem likely.
She's gotta get fully healthy first.

Seriously, I have no problem with the fifth starter changing depending on matchups and who's had a good week. I will continue to prefer that Griffin come off the bench, because she brings energy, and she's kind of a Swiss army knife, so can come in for a guard or forward.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What Aubrey brings in defense, rebounding, and energy screams for her to come off the bench as she learns the UConn game watching during the start of the game and mentored by the coaches

Kyla has had a great run and brings alot but Anna has a much more diverse skill set. As Geno has said, Kyla is best when she understands her role and her role is coming off the bench and be a steadying influence with the younger bench players etc.

In truth, no one knows the limits of Anna's development and Geno is hell bent on finding out. Perhaps the next Sveta?

Anna starts, Aubrey is first off the bench followed by Kyla. That would be a productive and an effective rotation.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Let’s start by using the young lady’s correct name. It’s “Kyla” not “Kayla”. Secondly, my post was clearly done in jest. Your need to diminish Kyla is uncalled for.
Hear! Hear! There is nothing quite so dismissive as refusing to use a person's proper name. :eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We're 4 and 0! I’m gonna dance wit de guy wot brung me. :cool:
The Gal that brung us here (4-0), the one that made this thread worthwhile, the one that started the season, the one that is 10 of 10 ( perfect) shooting are all the same Gal=Kyla. If not a starter then Kyla at least deserves more minutes. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom