Who ya got? 2014 Class Predictions | The Boneyard

Who ya got? 2014 Class Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Optimistic? Pessimistic? Think we'll sneak in on top guys or settle for secondary targets? Leave your prediction and why, here's mine...

G Rodney Purvis
G/W Daniel Hamilton
G Quentin Snider
F Devin Robinson
F Abdul Malik-Abu

I think we miss on Vaughn, Oubre, and Chukwu (of course) and hit on most of our other top guys. We don't have to resort to Watson at PG because Ollie gets Snider, Abu commits (let's hope) and I have a good feeling about Robinson who is very high on UConn. White picks somewhere else and Larrier is the odd man out after DRob commits.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
ok, stupid post over.

on topic:

Hamilton,Snider,robinson, maybe a 5th year senior/transfer.

Reaction Score
now see the annoying part of me is going to get pissed cause i just made a thread like this, and nobody responded. now watch yours get tons of responses.

Of course your pissed we are the ME generation. Take a pic of your breakfast on instagram bc everyone cares what you ate. Take a picture of your hot new bf/gf on FB and show him/her off to the world!! Post a funny status and get the most "likes" over your social competition!
Narcissistic personally traits are now a social norm. I love my humble generation...

But in all seriousness I always post late on pacific time zone. No one ever see's my posts. They are missing out big-time! ! So I feel your pain....

But in all true seriousness, excuse my previous rant, I am a liberal arts major, a poet and I live in Seattle. That means I think too much about life and I suffer from depression. In other words, don't read this....oh... sry too late

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
F - Devin Robinson
G/F - Danny Hams
G - Khadeem Carrington
F - Abdul Malik Aboooo

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
F - Devin Robinson
G/F - Danny Hams
G - Khadeem Carrington
F - Abdul Malik Aboooo

I can already hear Gampel chanting "Abuuuuuu" as the announcer is saying "Starting at forward, a 6'8" freshman from Boston, MA..."

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I can already hear Gampel chanting "Abuuuuuu" as the announcer is saying "Starting at forward, a 6'8" freshman from Boston, MA..."
With a half year of Storrs cuisine he'll be 6'11" 240 haha

Reaction Score
As of today...

1) I'd be surprised if we don't land somebody from the White/Larrier/Robinson group.

2) Snider is our best shot at point guard but competition will be stiff. If we miss on Snider/McLaughlin and no other stud is available, I wonder if Ollie rolls the dice on our current crop of point guards (including Boatright) rather than taking a gamble on a guy like Watson.

3) Absolutely no clue about Abu. If we miss, I wonder where Ollie turns for a true post player since Chukwu appears to be out. My best guess (barring an unforeseen decommitment) is that Ollie really pushes for two from the Robinson/Larrier/White group and sells the idea of one playing on the wing and another playing the DeAndre Daniels role.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My prediction is UConn gets any recruit 3uconn predicts is coming except when Huskyforlife agrees with him.:)

Reaction Score
I hope we get Snider, but we are now facing much more serious competition with MIST becoming heavily involved. Abu should be ours. The only other school that can match us on his list is Florida, but I think we are still the better option (obviously). With that said, I think we land Hamilton, Abu, and Robinson, and then mix and match at the point in 2014, and go all in for Dorsey in 2015, who I feel we are in very strong position with. KO already has ties to CA, as shown by Hamilton, who also plays on the same AAU team as Dorsey and goes to St. John Bosco. In order of who I want most: Abu, Oubre, Robinson, McLaughlin, Snider, Larrier.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I hope we get Snider, but we are now facing much more serious competition with MIST becoming heavily involved. Abu should be ours. The only other school that can match us on his list is Florida, but I think we are still the better option (obviously). With that said, I think we land Hamilton, Abu, and Robinson, and then mix and match at the point in 2014, and go all in for Dorsey in 2015, who I feel we are in very strong position with. KO already has ties to CA, as shown by Hamilton, who also plays on the same AAU team as Dorsey and goes to St. John Bosco. In order of who I want most: Abu, Oubre, Robinson, McLaughlin, Snider, Larrier.
Second all of this!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There's a difference between who we should land, and who we probably are going to get. I say this not because i'm a homer, but because it truly is logic - UCONN is a much better all around choice for these kids than most of the other schools they are considering, especially the PC's and URI's of the world.

But I'm resigned to the fact that we will see a bunch of head scratching decisions by kids, who have tons of reasons besides hoops for making their ultimate decisions. And sometimes, the school they choose is for reasons other than basketball, or those reasons ultimately weigh more in their reasoning than hoops...

Reaction Score
We have Purvis and Hamilton.

I think we get one of Robinson or Larrier, but miss out on Abu. This will cause much consternation among those worried about our lack of post presence.

I think we'll miss on Snider, settle for another Samuel/Austrie/Beverly type (Watson?), and try to talk ourselves into believing that either: a) Purvis can play PG full time, b) Boatright will come back for his senior year (he won't), or c) Samuel is a legitimate starter on a championship-caliber team.

I think we'll get two other lower-rated players in the late signing period -- a combo guard and a PF/C -- that nobody had heard of and won't amount to much, after Boat and/or DD declare.

That leaves us with:
Samuel
Watson
Purvis
No-name guard
OC
Hamilton
Robinson/Larrier
Tolksdorf
Facey
Nolan
No-name post player
Brimah

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just curious, how many guys have we gotten who played on the same AAU team together?

Reaction Score
Just curious, how many guys have we gotten who played on the same AAU team together?
Kentan Facey & Terrence Samuel (and Jordan Fuchs)
Alex Oriakhi & JMC

Not sure of anybody before them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Dunno. Abuuuu is a game we play with our little grandchildren.

Reaction Score
The sort of good thing about the timing of Abu's announcement is that we have the White and Larrier visits coming shortly after. If we don't get Abu, we can put the full court press on both of these guys, with Larrier more of a 3 and White more of a 3/4. Robinson would also be in the mix for that 3/4 spot. If we get Abu, I don't see us having room for more than one of the 3 of White/Larrier/Robinson. So, let's not go into immediate panic mode if we don't get Abu, as we have a couple other solid options behind him who are very interested.

I really want Snider, and think we have a great chance, but I'd like for McLaughlin to visit as well. If not, I'm 50/50 on whether I'd want them to even try to grab Watson or not...I'd almost just roll the dice on a Purvis/Samuel PG combination for the 2014/15 season, and put the full court press on Dorsey in 2015 as UconNick suggested.

Reaction Score
The sort of good thing about the timing of Abu's announcement is that we have the White and Larrier visits coming shortly after. If we don't get Abu, we can put the full court press on both of these guys, with Larrier more of a 3 and White more of a 3/4. Robinson would also be in the mix for that 3/4 spot. If we get Abu, I don't see us having room for more than one of the 3 of White/Larrier/Robinson. So, let's not go into immediate panic mode if we don't get Abu, as we have a couple other solid options behind him who are very interested.

I really want Snider, and think we have a great chance, but I'd like for McLaughlin to visit as well. If not, I'm 50/50 on whether I'd want them to even try to grab Watson or not...I'd almost just roll the dice on a Purvis/Samuel PG combination for the 2014/15 season, and put the full court press on Dorsey in 2015 as UconNick suggested.
Isn't Larrier visiting tomorrow?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There's a difference between who we should land, and who we probably are going to get. I say this not because i'm a homer, but because it truly is logic - UCONN is a much better all around choice for these kids than most of the other schools they are considering, especially the PC's and URI's of the world.

But I'm resigned to the fact that we will see a bunch of head scratching decisions by kids, who have tons of reasons besides hoops for making their ultimate decisions. And sometimes, the school they choose is for reasons other than basketball, or those reasons ultimately weigh more in their reasoning than hoops...
An intelligent kid will look at the current situation and not the program. Many of us know KO really well because we put him under our UConn microscope and are very familiar with things he's done that the average recruit may not know.

The problem for KO is that he has one year under his belt, didn't get the national exposure of a postseason although got great hype for his accomplishment last season, and has just begun to establish his own connections with recruiting pipelines.

If KO builds upon last season over the next three or four years (doesn't have to be linear) than everything you say I would echo. My feeling is he's way ahead of the curve because JC did get to the NCAA's before starting UConn's surge to the top by getting Smith.

KO has already landed Purvis and DHam.

Reaction Score

that's what Amore reported last week when Samuel got cleared. I'm also going to cosign the other posts saying UConn might need to go 2/3 on the Larrier/Robinson/White trio and sell them on one being a wing(Larrier is best suited there) and the other a face up 4 if we miss on Abu. Landing Abu would obviously make things alot easier on going 1/3 with that group.

Reaction Score

You may be right...I had been thinking 9/14 for some reason but I think you're right. Fortunately, I don't think the dominoes matter as much with him since he is more of a straight 3 than a 3/4 combo like Robinson and White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom