Who would win? | The Boneyard

Who would win?

Reaction Score
Last night our women's team looked like a top 4/5 team in the country with all of our injuries.
So, I was thinking, which team would win? Last nights starters ( Nika, Lou, Dorka, Aubrey and Aaliyah) or a team of our current injured players, if they were all healthy and in mid-season form. That team would be Paige, Azzi, Caroline, Ice, and Ayanna.

I think it would be a great game.

Reaction Score
I think last night's starters would win that game. Paige-Azzi would be better than the Nika-Lou guard combo, but Dorka-Aubrey-Aaliyah vs. Caroline-Ice-Ayanna? No contest especially with the way Aaliyah is playing.

Reaction Score
I think last night's starters would win that game. Paige-Azzi would be better than the Nika-Lou guard combo, but Dorka-Aubrey-Aaliyah vs. Caroline-Ice-Ayanna? No contest especially with the way Aaliyah is playing.
It would still be a nice competition.. Let's so it!! ( When full health comes to the Huskie world).

Reaction Score
Challenging question, but I don't know if you would get a proper outcome. Do you think both 5 players would play against each other with the intensity they play against league teams? They would probably play hard for bragging rights, but I don't believe they would play with the same ferocity that they play against the league and OOC teams. Up for discussion. GO HUSKIES!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Challenging question, but I don't know if you would get a proper outcome. Do you think both 5 players would play against each other with the intensity they play against league teams? They would probably play hard for bragging rights, but I don't believe they would play with the same ferocity that they play against the league and OOC teams. Up for discussion. GO HUSKIES!!!
IDK, if you get people who really want to win, even if they are on the same team.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
There's enough competition and worry about UCONN's upcoming games with other universities. That should be our worry, not intra-squad games.

Reaction Score
Now you’ve got me dreaming of the fabled 5+5 rotation. Geno would never do it. But can’t you just picture playing one 5 for a quarter than bringing in the other one, etc?

Reaction Score
No way even Paige and Azzi would outplay Lou and Nika by enough to make up for the front line disparity. The current starting five would win easily.

Reaction Score
No way even Paige and Azzi would outplay Lou and Nika by enough to make up for the front line disparity. The current starting five would win easily.
I agree that the “Currents” would be favored, but I think “win easily” is a bridge too far. We’re talking about Paige here! She just seems to find a way to win! I wouldn’t be surprised if she and Azzi scored 40+ each in that scenario.

Reaction Score
This thought occurred to me earlier this season when Dorka was our instead of Ayanna.

Reaction Score
The entire thought was an "on paper" process. On paper, it would be a close game, with the biggest unknown being Ice Brady.
But carrying the thought one step further, our "injured" team would easily rank in the top 5 of the AP polls.

Reaction Score
There's enough competition and worry about UCONN's upcoming games with other universities. That should be our worry, not intra-squad games.
It’s the coaching staff’s job to “worry” about upcoming games. The fans just critique who’s playing well and armchair coach. It’s a reasonable question that makes for a fun debate, loosen up a bit and enjoy the ride.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It’s the coaching staff’s job to “worry” about upcoming games. The fans just critique who’s playing well and armchair coach. It’s a reasonable question that makes for a fun debate, loosen up a bit and enjoy the ride.
I am enjoying the ride: to the NCAA Final Four, not to see who would win in a team scrimmage!

Reaction Score
I am enjoying the ride: to the NCAA Final Four, not to see who would win in a team scrimmage!
Then no need to respond, and you’re the one worrying . It’s a fair question and a compliment to the way the healthy huskies are playing.

Reaction Score
our "injured" team would easily rank in the top 5 of the AP polls.
Doubtful. Ice is basically a high school player, Ayanna is not much further along, and Caroline hasn't been herself in almost a year.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the inside presence of the injured players could compete with Dorka, Edwards and Griffin, but After re-watching UConn‘s victory over South Carolina and NC State, I would never bet against Paige Bueckers.

Reaction Score
Now you’ve got me dreaming of the fabled 5+5 rotation. Geno would never do it. But can’t you just picture playing one 5 for a quarter than bringing in the other one, etc?
One can always dream and there is always hope. But, wouldn't it be something to see?"

Reaction Score
I’m not so sure. Paige, Azzi, and Caroline (all healthy) are three lights out shooters, penetrators, ball handlers and fast break artists that the other team doesn’t come close to having.

Reaction Score
I’m not so sure. Paige, Azzi, and Caroline (all healthy) are three lights out shooters, penetrators, ball handlers and fast break artists that the other team doesn’t come close to having.
The Paige team would be playing 3 on 5. Ice and Ayanna just don't have enough experience to contribute meaningfully at this point. I don't think the matchup as presented would be that close.

Reaction Score
The Paige team would be playing 3 on 5. Ice and Ayanna just don't have enough experience to contribute meaningfully at this point. I don't think the matchup as presented would be that close.
You must have a short 6 month memory, Paige, Azzi, and Caroline 100% healthy would only need some rebounding and someone to set pics. They’d win by 40 points. Their court speed and ball handling would win the day. Bueckers took games over all by herself, Ducharme did the same. Having a lights out shooter like Fudd and two excellent bigs to do clean up would win the day.

Reaction Score
I agree that the “Currents” would be favored, but I think “win easily” is a bridge too far. We’re talking about Paige here! She just seems to find a way to win! I wouldn’t be surprised if she and Azzi scored 40+ each in that scenario.
Paige and Azzi have the potential, and I stress the word potential, to be the best backcourt ever, eclipsing Sue and DT. However, no way on God's earth would they both score 40 points against Nika and Aubs. I will admit the matchup would be very entertaining. The front court would be a blowout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom