Who would win? Boat's team or Kemba's? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who would win? Boat's team or Kemba's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lol agreed, its a losing battle, but it does feel like there's been an uptick in piling on unpopular opinions in a counterproductive way this early season. Its probably kept some interesting insights from being posted by new comers or old timers who don't want the onslaught. Also I posted that after a night at the bar, apparently I'm a 5 pint message board vigilante, who knew?
Nah! Not really an uptick in negative posting if you consider there has been a significant uptick in new posters.

I'm not about to go back and check things but it doesn't seem to be a stretch to say that the ratio of reasonable to unreasonable posters is probably very similar throughout this forum's history with the notable exception of when this forum first started. You can tell by the responses of some of the first guys, that was a close band of people originally. That's the price of success. I'm guessing it was similar to what I see on the football forum. The women's forum is clubby as well but they're not living in a real world.

There is a danger that reasonable posters will be turned off by these "nasty" posts. That's a shame and on them imo. All they have to do is ignore these guys and post rather than running away. I loved the way my neighborhood changed. All white but mixed religions became mixed racially. Love the mixture. Theres beauty in most of us when we look deeper.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lol agreed, its a losing battle, but it does feel like there's been an uptick in piling on unpopular opinions in a counterproductive way this early season. Its probably kept some interesting insights from being posted by new comers or old timers who don't want the onslaught. Also I posted that after a night at the bar, apparently I'm a 5 pint message board vigilante, who knew?
Nah! Not really an uptick in negative posting if you consider there has been a significant uptick in new posters.

I'm not about to go back and check things but it doesn't seem to be a stretch to say that the ratio of reasonable to unreasonable posters is probably very similar throughout this forum's history with the notable exception of when this forum first started. You can tell by the responses of some of the first guys, that was a close band of people originally. That's the price of success. I'm guessing it was similar to what I see on the football forum. The women's forum is clubby as well but they're not living in a real world.

There is a danger that reasonable posters will be turned off by these "nasty" posts. That's a shame and on them imo. All they have to do is ignore these guys and post rather than running away. I loved the way my neighborhood changed. All white but mixed religions became mixed racially. Love the mixture. Theres beauty in most of us when we look deeper.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
How anyone can say this year's team is better is beyond me. We squeeked past Dayton - wheeeeee. Let's knock off Texas before we start comparisions. And and anyone who votes Boat over Kemba is either smoking something or is Boats mom, or both. 2011 won 3 tournaments, this year we have beaten Bryant. Lets start this thread in March, maybe.....

pj

Reaction Score
Nobody would rate the 2011 team highly as a collection of individual players. In fact there were half a dozen 2011 teams that would have been considered to have better players, going position by position.
pj, Yet the 2011 team had three NBA players on it. And 2 or 3 that fell a little short. It was just that no one knew it yet.

UConn 2011: Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, Jeremy Lamb - 3 NBA players

Duke 2011: Kyrie Irving, Seth Curry, Andre Dawkins, Ryan Kelly, Miles Plumlee, Mason Plumlee, Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith - 8 NBA players
Kentucky 2011: Eric Bledsoe, Demarcus Cousins, Daniel Orton, Patrick Patterson, John Wall - 5 NBA players
North Carolina 2011: Harrison Barnes, Reggie Bullock, John Henson, Kendall Marshall, Tyler Zeller - 5 NBA players
Kansas 2011: Thomas Robinson, Jeff Withey, Tyshawn Taylor, Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris - 5 NBA players

Maybe "half a dozen teams" is too many, but most people would rate the above four as having more talent, even in retrospect.

Reaction Score
Not wishing this to happen anytime soon, but this team will need to lose a game for some fans to come back down to earth and to reality.

Reaction Score
Not wishing this to happen anytime soon, but this team will need to lose a game for some fans to come back down to earth and to reality.
i don't think anyone is saying we're awesome right now...in fact i'm sure we'll lose several games this season
the 2011 team went 9-9 in conference play
we'll take our bumps this season, however I do think the talent on this team can evolve to be just as good come March
like i said before, replicating the magic is another story
looking forward to takin' Huggins behind the woodshed in a few

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
UConn 2011: Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, Jeremy Lamb - 3 NBA players

Duke 2011: Kyrie Irving, Seth Curry, Andre Dawkins, Ryan Kelly, Miles Plumlee, Mason Plumlee, Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith - 8 NBA players
Kentucky 2011: Eric Bledsoe, Demarcus Cousins, Daniel Orton, Patrick Patterson, John Wall - 5 NBA players
North Carolina 2011: Harrison Barnes, Reggie Bullock, John Henson, Kendall Marshall, Tyler Zeller - 5 NBA players
Kansas 2011: Thomas Robinson, Jeff Withey, Tyshawn Taylor, Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris - 5 NBA players

Maybe "half a dozen teams" is too many, but most people would rate the above four as having more talent, even in retrospect.

Totally agree we were over-matched individual by individual, Same in 2014. I was comparing 11 to 14. I think the 2011 team had more talent. But the 2014 team could end up with 4 NBA players. I would still pick the 2011 team.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Kemba & the kids would of won the Puerto Rican tip-off.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom