1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who would you want on your team ?
1. Westbrook- Can do it all. Intangibles galore
2. Ch Carter
3 ALEXIS Morris
honorable mention A. Hayes

How good is Dodson?
IDK, maybe Durr and Evans can transfer from your squad to UCONN.

Reaction Score

2. Ch Carter

3 ALEXIS Morris

How good is Dodson?

An observation not an argument---Since you didn't specify that the Frosh had to be playing minutes in real games--don't you rate Coombs any where near those listed? Or any other Uconn frosh?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Please define what a Point Guard is. From the couple of times I have seen Ch. Carter, she is a "get the ball, dribble around for a while, shoot" guard. I always thought that a point guard runs the offense, they weren't the offense 75% of their possessions.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
An observation not an argument---Since you didn't specify that the Frosh had to be playing minutes in real games--don't you rate Coombs any where near those listed? Or any other Uconn frosh?
You could only rate Uconn frosh if it was based upon their HS reputations/accomplishments...IMO.

Reaction Score
You could only rate Uconn frosh if it was based upon their HS reputations/accomplishments...IMO.
Obviously, when comparing actual play frosh against someone who occupies the bench--it's an impossible comparison. Unfair of me to ask.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what year she is but one of the best true point guards in the country plays for Syracuse. She averages 22.2 ppg, 8.4 apg, and 2 steals per game. She is the best unknown guard in the country. Her name is Tiana Mangakahia. She is playing on television at this moment on FSS.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

Don't the names presented for selection imply they play in actual games for significant minutes?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The eye test tells me Morris. She doesn’t have the numbers that some do, but she is so edfecient. She is shooting 50% from three point range, 49% overall from the floor and has an assist to TO rate of 1.5. Mulkey has brought her along expertly.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what year she is but one of the best true point guards in the country plays for Syracuse. She averages 22.2 ppg, 8.4 apg, and 2 steals per game. She is the best unknown guard in the country. Her name is Tiana Mangakahia. She is playing on television at this moment on FSS.
I totally agree with you on this one. Mangakahia is so fun to watch. A scoring point guard who can and wants to pass and distribute. A few points and assists double doubles this season so far. Being that she's from Australia, I hope she is in the Opals radar.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I’d take Westbrook over all of them looking at the long run. She doesn’t dominate a game (for better or worse) like Carter does, but she has good size, can create her own shot, shoot from deep/midrange/take the ball to the basket and is a strong passer. Turnovers are an issue, but she’s at Tennessee where that seems to be a given. All of the tools are there for her to be great.

My biggest concern will be lack of development if Holly is coaching her. Guards have really struggled developing under Holly (Carter, Massengale, Reynolds, Simmons, etc). Westbrook has more upside than any of those players so I’m hoping she can break the mold.

Reaction Score

Tiana is a 22 year old sophomore (23 in April) from Australia who was rated as the best Junior College point guard last year. She has tons of experience and started playing in the WNBL in 2011. She doesn't belong in this discussion, but is someone to watch.

Reaction Score
Don't the names presented for selection imply they play in actual games for significant minutes?
It is a matter of what one considers significant minutes---or in games of consequence as those listed among other teams.

Reaction Score

No because there isn’t anything to rate until you play. She is a non entity until she gets a chance to show what she can do. Can’t do that for quite a while in Geno world. That’s why UConn wins by 50. Choose MOV over sloppy ugly 2nd and 3rd tier playing time. Makes a ton of L’ville games lousy to watch due to runs being negated with heavy substitution patterns

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment. She is amazing. But she's a sophomore, not a freshman.

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment. She is amazing. But she's a sophomore, not a freshman.
Shoot.... I’ve never seen her play just saw some great box score stats. I think she was the best pg in the Juco ranks last year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Shoot.... I’ve never seen her play just saw some great box score stats. I think she was the best pg in the Juco ranks last year.

She can be a bit turnover-prone at times but she leads the nation in assists (10.3 per game) and her court vision is truly outstanding.

Plebe

Reaction Score

2. Ch Carter

3 ALEXIS Morris

How good is Dodson?
Those are the only 3 freshman point guards that I can even think of right now. I don't think anyone else is even in the ball park. Hayes is nowhere near the level of the other three.

Who is Dodson? Maya Dodson of Stanford? She isn't a point guard.

Reaction Score
The eye test tells me Morris. She doesn’t have the numbers that some do, but she is so edfecient. She is shooting 50% from three point range, 49% overall from the floor and has an assist to TO rate of 1.5. Mulkey has brought her along expertly.

You are one astute fan.
Dilly Dilly!

Reaction Score
She can be a bit turnover-prone at times but she leads the nation in assists (10.3 per game) and her court vision is truly outstanding.

Gotta see her then. She has time to get even better.

Reaction Score
IDK, maybe Durr and Evans can transfer from your squad to UCONN.

Ugh Durr would be a very average pg. Brilliant move by Walz to get her out of that position

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom