Who will win the B10 this year? | The Boneyard

Who will win the B10 this year?

Who will win the BiG regular season title?

• Rutgers (6-0)

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maryland (4-2)

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Purdue (4-2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana (4-2)

• Iowa (3-2)

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Mich St (3-3)

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Michigan (2-3)

• Total voters
Reaction Score
2018-19 COACHES & MEDIA BIG TEN PRESEASON RANKINGS
1. Maryland
2. Iowa
3. Michigan

=================

Reaction Score
I didn't even have room to include Northwestern (3-3), #23 Minn (1-4), or Other !

Reaction Score
I wanna say Rutgers because they have a two game lead but who knows.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll vote for Maryland... hope Im wrong though

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If I have to make a pick, it's still Maryland. There's a lot of season left to play and Maryland has the most upside. But really, this B1G season is such anarchy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The BIG has no great teams this year, and on any given night just about any team in the conference is capable of beating any other team in the conference. Even early season UConn victims tOSU & Purdue are giving teams problems.

Out of loyalty to the old Big East, I’m going with the Scarlet Knights as conference champions.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sunday showdown: Mich St @ Rutgers

The way this season has been going, Sparty has no chance. If it was in East Lansing they would be a lock to win.

Reaction Score
Mich St beat Maryland. They lost to Oh St, Northwestern, and Indiana. Minnesota started the season on fire, they’ve been losing ever since Big 10 started. Maryland barely winning games. Iowa’s lost a couple games. Rutgers, of all teams, is the only consistent one right now. Who knows?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If I have to make a pick, it's still Maryland. There's a lot of season left to play and Maryland has the most upside. But really, this B1G season is such anarchy.
For shame on you!! You’re dead to me....

Reaction Score
I picked Michigan State for the simple reason that on two occasions already this season I've paused my channel surfing to admire the play of a WCBB team when that team turned out to be Michigan State. When they're on they look a little like a UConn team: crisp, creative passes; good shooting. They're tough and big, too, at least I think they are. I have a feeling about them.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
While Maryland should win this thing given their returning parts and two fine frosh, I'm going to root hard for the home team....Rutgers.

I'm totally flummoxed by the successful formula C. Viv has made out of totally unexpected parts. :confused: So far, so good. :) Go Scarlet Knights!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I picked Michigan State for the simple reason that on two occasions already this season I've paused my channel surfing to admire the play of a WCBB team when that team turned out to be Michigan State. When they're on they look a little like a UConn team: crisp, creative passes; good shooting. They're tough and big, too, at least I think they are. I have a feeling about them.
Have to agree with your view. MSU has beaten Maryland and University of Oregon. I didn't see the Maryland game last night, but a convincing win by MSU.

Reaction Score
As a homie, I should go with RU, but I agree with the poster who said that with an 18 game schedule, it is too early to tell. We have the advantage of only having to play MSU once at home, but we also only play Iowa once at Iowa. Those are our next two games, so by next Wednesday night I should have a better idea. We also have to play MD at home, but as we already beat them on their floor, the team knows they can win that game if they play well. I'll abstain from voting right now so I don't jinx them.

Reaction Score
And the B1G teams continue to beat up on each other. Maryland is too inconsistent to win the conference this year. That has always been my issue with Brenda. Her teams are too inconsistent and always seem to lose important games that they should win.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
While Maryland should win this thing given their returning parts and two fine frosh, I'm going to root hard for the home team....Rutgers.

I'm totally flummoxed by the successful formula C. Viv has made out of totally unexpected parts. So far, so good.

I wouldn't dare guess how the team will finish this season after last season's collapse. However, now that the team is "mostly" healthy, the defense is excellent per usual. But the big difference is there are multiple threats from 3-pt range, which is making the team harder to defend. Also, unlike last year when the team would often wait for Tyler Scaife to make something happen, this team is balanced and deep and you're never quite sure who will have a great game each night (this is both good and bad, of course). CVS has mentioned multiple times too that the early season Canada tournament, where the team lost to both Drake and Gonzaga, was a helpful learning experience.

But yeah, B10 is a mess.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Pretty much what my fellow Rutgers folks said.

Barring a late season collapse like last year (circumstances were MUCH different, as bbsamjj points out) Rutgers - if they don't win it - should still come out near the top. That should mean a return to the NCAA's.

Rutgers actually has a pretty tough schedule, made all the harder by the fact that teams are so darn inconsistent this year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The problem w/ Sparty, for the MSU backers, is that they haven't proven they can play on the road. If every game was in East Lansing they would win the conference hands down. Unfortunately half of their conference games are played at other locales.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom