Who will step up Tonite? | The Boneyard

Who will step up Tonite?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I hope CW is healthy. I read in another thread that she had the flu this past week. Dont know if she will be 100% effective. With that said, so who steps up? I gotta say Liv Anna and Griff will not go 1/14 tonite like they did against Baylor and that could be the difference. We competed against Team USA and that was positive and they were big experienced and quick. Im confident we will play a good game and if Liv Anna and Griff put up some points I think we win and CW is healthy. I am really looking forward to she how we compete tonite.

Reaction Score
I think Aubrey or Anna will be the game changer tonight. Big 4 will be the main focus leaving room for a freshman to take over. There seems to be a pattern of freshman taking over in big games.. crystal Dangerfield against Notre dame.. and didn’t Bria have a big game against Baylor?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For me, CW, Meg and Crystal all have to be 15- 20 pts with good efficiency. If not, there is too much pressure on the others and it will not be pretty. Ypur best players have to take thew pressure off the others

Reaction Score
I hope CW is healthy. I read in another thread that she had the flu this past week. Dont know if she will be 100% effective. With that said, so who steps up? I gotta say Liv Anna and Griff will not go 1/14 tonite like they did against Baylor and that could be the difference. We competed against Team USA and that was positive and they were big experienced and quick. Im confident we will play a good game and if Liv Anna and Griff put up some points I think we win and CW is healthy. I am really looking forward to she how we compete tonite.

I remember a certain Husky in 2016 was sick at Maryland, even throwing up on the bench, only to lead the team to a win. Let’s hope we get that kind of play today:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think Liv is going to step it up tonight. She will be a force in the paint both on offense and defense. I think Aubrey will bring her energy to the defense and will spark the overall energy of the team.

Reaction Score
Superbowl LIV-If they can name a superbowl after you then you should be able to respond with a super performance.I think she will be fierce tonight and her only comedownance will be some overly touchy zebras. Hopefully they let em' play to an acceptable degree and we will all see a thoroughly enjoyable game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Superbowl LIV-If they can name a superbowl after you then you should be able to respond with a super performance.I think she will be fierce tonight and her only comedownance will be some overly touchy zebras. Hopefully they let em' play to an acceptable degree and we will all see a thoroughly enjoyable game.
That's the post of the thread!!!! ;) (pun intended...)

Reaction Score
I do not know who is going to step up this evening. I guess that I will wait and see. What I do not want to see: missed layups; missed free throws; players standing around rather than moving; letting Sabrina do whatever she wants; letting Oregon get offensive rebounds and multiple chances to score; and Geno having a heart attack because he is disgusted with the teams performance.

Reaction Score
This might well be a defining game for Megan Walker. So much was expected of her at the onset of her career and after a sort of disappointing freshman season a lot of people began to wonder how her high school ranking came about. This is one of the problems of being a "tweener", not really a guard in the sense of directing traffic, or a forward who controls the backboards. What she is is someone who can play big guard against a small guard or a quick small forward against a larger but slower one. Her passing skills have improved tremendously as has her outside shooting. I'm not sure if she is an "impose her will" type of player but tonight would be a great time to find out.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UConn cannot win if only a single person steps up. UConn wins if three things happen. 1) If CW has an offensive game like she did two games ago. 2) If Liv stays out of foul trouble and has a 16 point, 11 rebound night. 3) If AG and Ania combine for a 25 point, 12 rebound night. All everyone else has to do is hit their season averages and play defense. Easy right?

Reaction Score
Look for Williams to be a difference-maker for the Huskies tonight. Her strength and skill could really hurt Oregon tonight off the dribble.

I anticipate that the Ducks will play a lot of zone tonight unless Dangerfield and her teammates are accurate from distance. The Oregon zone is improving and can keep its stars out of foul trouble. Hebard, Ionescu, and Sabally rebound well enough out of the zone that Oregon can effectively pressure and trap in the frontcourt unless UConn is hitting from distance and mid-range.

I have seen plenty of Oregon this season. They can be beat if UConn plays the pick and roll hedge well and if UConn can keep Sabally going right and out of the paint. If Sabally is able to get into the paint at will tonight, Oregon will likely prevail.

Reaction Score
The A girls need to step up as well as our other gals playing their best game of the season! Play hard, lots of movement and cutting! Please don’t stand around!
Oh yeah no sloppy passes! We can beat
Oregon!! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Oregon is just much better, and when they shoot that well no one will beat them.

Reaction Score
It’s tough to win a game against a good team when the level of defensive effort is so low.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal and ....... crickets

Reaction Score
Makurat was good. Griffin had some moments but is very young. And of course CD. Apparently Williams was ill?

Reaction Score
I have been saying early on that people have had much too high of an expectation from Williams based entirely on a few games and her being the top-rated high school player in her class.

Reaction Score
TEAM.
Yup, I agree with veryolddog.
Changed my answer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After reading these comments, it is not one freakin person. This team has to step up and play like a UConn Team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom