Who will "own" UConn next year? | The Boneyard

Who will "own" UConn next year?

Who will "own" UConn next year

• Total voters
Reaction Score
We have a lot of great talent entering next year so who do you guys think will step up and replace Bouk?

Reaction Score
I hope it’s a guard, with a great outside shot, and the ability to take his guy. Waiting to see if that guy is here.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I thought this question about which team on our schedule will give us the hardest time. Unless it’s some new was to use own that my increasing years missed, it’s a weird way of saying it.

Reaction Score
Setting aside the poor phrasing (I would say "who will be our go-to player?" or "who will be the face of the team?"), I picked Cole.

As good as Sanogo will be, it's hard to play through a center.

Cole, for better or worse, will have the ball at crunch time and take the big shots.

That said, I expect our scoring will be a lot more balanced, and I think there's significant "Ewing Theory" potential for this team in absence of Bouknight.

Reaction Score
What about guys like Okafor, Thabeet, and Drummond? They owned their teams
Okafor yeah. But he's kind of the exception that proves the rule. Thabeet no, those were AJ Price's teams. And Drummond's team was a mess but if you had to pick a leader it was definitely not Drummond, it was Bazz cutting his teeth as "the man."

Reaction Score
Didn't even know the team was for sale. I might put in a bid

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I went with Whaley. By far the best player returning. super senior.

he won’t be the go to offensive player, but he’s the best player on the team. And he’s everything you want in a senior leader.

Reaction Score
Different game then. The3 wasn’t as important in the game. FWIW Drummond didn’t come close to being the dominant player on that team. More of a problem frankly. He sort of messed up the chemistry. and Thabeet had some significant supporting cast at minimum. A case could be made that others were more important

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
This will be Sanogo’s team next year or, at the very least, a much more balanced load than were used to seeing as a generally Guard-focused program. I’m excited for Andre’s next step and feel strongly about Cole/Gaffney stepping up, but Sanogo will be “the guy” next year.

Reaction Score
Balanced scoring with Cole and Sanogo probably scoring the most early on but we'll have 6 or 7 guys who are capable of scoring in double figures most nights. Hawkins is our most talented scorer and we'll rely heavily on his scoring as the season progresses. Jackson is the wild card, if he can consistently find ways to put points on the board he will transform us into a top team with his playmaking and motor. He should be watching all the tape on Shawn Marion to learn all his scoring tricks. Marion had a gross looking shot but he always put the ball in the hoop by being a better athlete than pretty much everyone else. He got in the lane and used floaters, push shots, flicking the ball in off of spin moves, using the glass, and being a quicker leaper than anyone guarding him.

Reaction Score
I went with Whaley. By far the best player returning. super senior.

he won’t be the go to offensive player, but he’s the best player on the team. And he’s everything you want in a senior leader.
Whaley is my favorite player, but I wonder if Akok is healthy if Hurley will use Whaley more as a 6th man to both help Akok's rhythm and confidence and to help the offensive spacing which we have problems with when we play with 2 bigs together. Probably not because Whaley is a monster that will be hitting 3s, but just a thought.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Whaley is my favorite player, but I wonder if Akok is healthy if Hurley will use Whaley more as a 6th man to both help Akok's rhythm and confidence and to help the offensive spacing which we have problems with when we play with 2 bigs together. Probably not because Whaley is a monster that will be hitting 3s, but just a thought.

I’ve been the leader of Team Whaley on here since day 1. I’m going down with that ship lol

(But your take is fair)

Reaction Score
I’ll give you Okafor because that team was so much worse when he sat or was injured , Thabeet was a huge part but I would say that was AJ ‘s team.
Seriously our record with Drummond is as good or better than with him.
Lamb/Bazz lead the team in scoring
Oriakhi could slide into the five easily plus you still had a healthier
Olander and also Wolff as 5 ‘s backup
Andre was 10-7 and played hard but his presence hurt the team chemistry.
It wasn’t his fault but sometimes teams get better through subtraction

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
After seeing the title the obvious answer was going to be Villanova

Reaction Score

Highlight tapes are cool but....

1621968047134.png

Reaction Score
I thought this question about which team on our schedule will give us the hardest time. Unless it’s some new was to use own that my increasing years missed, it’s a weird way of saying it.
I thought same thing. I was thinking Villanova again. Weird way to say it. Own?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom