Who will JC try to develop the most early in the year? | The Boneyard

Who will JC try to develop the most early in the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I will guess that he will try to establish Jeremy as the star of the team, Bazz as the leader, and then Andre to try to get him comfortable as the inside option. I guess he could look to establish AO first to try to get his offensive game going, but with AD being a possible one and done, I could see him dumping the ball inside to AD at the start of games and the 2nd half at a minimum.

I'm not sure that leaves much time for JC to run many plays for anyone else for a while. Who knows....maybe he'll have the second team come in and have them work on getting RB and DD comfortable taking shots/making plays.

There are so many combinations, it's hard to say what/whom the coaching staff will focus on. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I don't know why Alex is not getting a lot of love on the board, but he will be a star with AD on the team. If you watch Maui and the Tourneys Alex was a beast (double/double). This was with having a donut in the middle, and constant double teams. We would not have won the championship without his play last year.

I see Alex getting a lot of touches this year in the paint and delivering double/doubles like candy. He may become our best PF ever by his senior year. My eyes will be on him this coming season, without his production we are normalized.

Reaction Score
Alex could be a 20 point a game piece for us this year- he is beast and AD will free him up to rain DOOM the BE this year. I really think people have no idea how good he will be when defenses are not keying on him in the paint because they have to worry about AD. He was a double double without AD in the NCAAs- with him on the floor watch out!

Reaction Score
Alex could be a 20 point a game piece for us this year- he is beast and AD will free him up to rain DOOM the BE this year. I really think people have no idea how good he will be when defenses are not keying on him in the paint because they have to worry about AD. He was a double double without AD in the NCAAs- with him on the floor watch out!
+1. With AO & AD on the floor, I'm trying to envision a scenario where they're not pulling down every single rebound within reach. I just don't see it. They will be monsters. We might need to come up with a nickname for the duo.

Reaction Score
+1. With AO & AD on the floor, I'm trying to envision a scenario where they're not pulling down every single rebound within reach. I just don't see it. They will be monsters. We might need to come up with a nickname for the duo.

Twin Towers?

Reaction Score
Twin Towers?
Rebounding is as much effort as talent. We'll have to wait and see how much Andre wants the ball before we make he and Alex Morning and Mutumbo. What I like most about this team is the number of scoring options. Maybe the only possible weakness could be outside shooting.Daniels is going to be very important.

Reaction Score
I agree that JC will work to get Jeremy to assert himself and step into take charge player. He's got all the skills and his confidence has improved tremendously. To think that this was a kid who got benched briefly last year, it's amazing. Lamb responded to that tough love play and he been running downhill ever since.

Reaction Score
Rebounding is as much effort as talent. We'll have to wait and see how much Andre wants the ball before we make he and Alex Morning and Mutumbo. What I like most about this team is the number of scoring options. Maybe the only possible weakness could be outside shooting.Daniels is going to be very important.
If you do not play hard for JC you ride the pine. AD will play 100%- he will not have the option of doing what he wants- in HS they were just happy to have him on the floor-that will not be good enough for JC. If anyone is buying into the whole "effort" being a weakness for AD thing- that will go away very quickly this year.

Reaction Score
I don't know why Alex is not getting a lot of love on the board, but he will be a star with AD on the team. If you watch Maui and the Tourneys Alex was a beast (double/double). This was with having a donut in the middle, and constant double teams. We would not have won the championship without his play last year.

I see Alex getting a lot of touches this year in the paint and delivering double/doubles like candy. He may become our best PF ever by his senior year. My eyes will be on him this coming season, without his production we are normalized.
Consistency was AO's problem, last season. Remember the DePaul game in the BE tourney. JC sat AO at the start, because of his previous non existant game with ND.
AO responded in that game, and in the next 10 games, and played like the McD AA he should play like. I expect to see far more games like the one he played at Texas, that the game he played at Gample vs ND

Reaction Score
If you do not play hard for JC you ride the pine. AD will play 100%- he will not have the option of doing what he wants- in HS they were just happy to have him on the floor-that will not be good enough for JC. If anyone is buying into the whole "effort" being a weakness for AD thing- that will go away very quickly this year.
Wrong If you don't play hard for STM you sit and AD found that out.....He should be the focus of integration into the team since he'll draw double teams from the beginning. His numbers were low because he sat when he didn't put out. it will be interesting when he gets a stream of four letter words directed at him instead of one or two

Reaction Score
Wrong If you don't play hard for STM you sit and AD found that out.....He should be the focus of integration into the team since he'll draw double teams from the beginning. His numbers were low because he sat when he didn't put out. it will be interesting when he gets a stream of four letter words directed at him instead of one or two
With players like Jeremy & Shabbaz, I hope teams do double team Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34